“Staff could smile ” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Griffin

The Griffin
Ranked #4 of 11 Restaurants in Godshill
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Bar Scene, Kids, Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Groups, Cheap Eats
Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, Drinks, Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Staff could smile ”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2014 via mobile

Went here for a family birthday, it's a great place for kids with a huge maze, football pitch and bouncy castle.

I chose to have the 5oz steak which was gorgeous however when ordering the food we were treated with the grumpiest bar tender who shook his head and huffed every time we said what we wanted (we are not difficult customers) I almost felt like an inconvenience to the bloke! That aside my meal was blooming gorgeous and I'd return again I'd just dodge the grumpy bar man.

Would give a 4-5 however lunch was dampened by the bar man. I've worked in catering a lot and even when I have a bad day I slap in a fake smile and continue attentiveness.

2 Thank Bethany J

Colchester, United Kingdom
“Good food but long wait”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2014

Went for family meal while on holiday and food good and reasonable priced,kids enjoyed the maze and gardens which was good as had to wait 45 minutes for mains and then another 40 minutes for ice creams. Need to improve this bit of the service.

• Visited August 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Lytham St Anne's, United Kingdom
“Great Food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2014

We really enjoyed our meal here, I had the bacon/cheese burger, my husband had the chicken burger both were very tasty. Not the cheapest burger at just shy of £10 but worth it.

Visited August 2014
“Beware”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2014

Looked on IOW tourist site and others to find a suitable dining experience to cater for us 4 adults and a 7 and 5 year old. The place looked full of old world charm and when taking the booking was told the children's play area was ideal for the kids. The kids played in the Maze and played football in the grounds with no problem, but unfortunately when we sat at our table it was a sticky mess than you couldn't even rest your arms on. The food did come up in good time due to the volume of diners, but was appalling. Of the 6 meals ordered only one was eatable really, everything else was well overcooked and tasteless and the re-heated chips were dreadful. In conclusion they need a decent chef, better menu and please Griffin manager get your tables cleaned with soap and water once in a while, won't ever be going back though.

Visited July 2014
“Great place for kids!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2014 via mobile

Sat in the large garden area waiting for the food whilst the kids played on the bouncy castle.

It was the carvery day so massive queues for that inside - thank goodness we didn't want any!

Food arrived quickly and was OK, given the prices.

Kids went in the maze and in the mini playground afterwards. Said it was for 9 max but I would have said 7 max, as it was small and not a lot to do for older children.

Lots of dogs around and people just drinking beer etc. All in all a family friendly place and was right opposite the car park too! Was really busy when we left.