“Chase the Wild Goose Lodge Puck's Glen”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Dunoon
Chase the Wild Goose Lodges
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Chase the Wild Goose Lodge Puck's Glen”
Reviewed 12 June 2014

I have visited these lodges many times and have never been disappointed. The lodges have a wonderful location in the Cowal peninsula and are situated in quiet, secluded grounds close to Puck's Glen, a beautiful woodland area. The Royal Botanical Benmore Garden is a short walk away . There is a parking bay at each lodge and the surrounding grassy areas are well maintained . The accommodation is of a good standard with well equipped kitchen and comfortable living and bedroom areas. The shower is not powerful as water pressure is low but I enjoy a bath and the shower attachment was good enough.

There is a range of lovely woodland walks in the area, so whatever your fitness you'll find something to suit. We drove around the peninsula, and further afield to the West Highlands and Kintyre. It was always lovely to return to the lodge and to eat out in the porch area enjoying the last of the sprng/summer evenings.

The price of accommodation is very reasonable, and there is welcoming information and a couple of Scottish chocolate cakes on the kitchen table on the day of arrival.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank marie l

Solo
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Hamilton uk
Reviewed 20 February 2014

wonderful log cabin, in a ideal location for a charge your batteries break. Lovely wood burning stove meant we were cosy despite the wintery conditions. The decor was stylish and had all added extras like binoculars DVD player etc. We will definitely return

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
glasgow
Reviewed 3 October 2013

Lovely place, great setting , stayed in lodge 12 there was no noise from the road when inside the cabin. T, coffee and suger and 3 tunnocks t cakes when we arrived nice touch. Cabin was warm and clean but had a very bad smell in the double bedroom on the first night , may be due to dampness as it may not have been used, this smell went away when the heaters were on for a while .The only other bad points were the shower TOTAL JOKE used it once and the tv only really had one channel worth watching , im not looking for hd quality or loads of channels. Walks around the area were really good dog loved it , the walk up the glen was great and so was the botanical gardens . Also went to quad mania for the clay shooting .... very good and not to far away .

I would urge the owners of these lodges to spend a little money on this place as it could b top notch and get great reviews every time, even if it put the price up alittle as it was reasonably priced , needs new carpets and a decent shower I could live with the tv .

I would return hear as I did have a good weekend ,would have given it an excellent if not for the smell and shower but would want reassurance that the shower was much much better before I returned.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank Craig M
Reviewed 20 February 2013 via mobile

We stayed here last october on our travels around scotland. The cabin was ideal for our needs and exactly what we had in mind. There were just a couple of little things that niggled at me, i found hald a cigarette on top of the fridge/freezer and when i was in the bath i tried to adjust the tap from the shower setting and cut myself on the sharp edge. Also we were lead to beleive it was a proper woodland retreat, but we were by the road and the sound of traffic could be heard very clearly. Apart from that i really enjoyed my stay

• Stayed September 2012
1 Thank fairygirll
Ayrshire, Scotland
Reviewed 11 November 2012

My husband and I stayed here with our two dogs in September 2012. I found this cabin online while searching for a place to stay for a few days and I am very pleased I found it. We stayed in Tony's Lodge for 4 nights and had a lovely time. Lots of great walks nearby (esp Pucks Glenn) aswell as Dunoon and some lovely villages to visit. The lodge had everything we needed and some choccy biscuits an fresh flowers had also been left for us which was a nice touch. The cabin was very cosy and after a day out walking in the rain it was nice to come back and have some dinner and a wee hot bath. The bath did take a while to run but hey we were not in a hurry.
We cooked two nights and the other two nights we went into Dunoon and picked up a takeaway.
The lodge park was quiet with some lovely widlife.
Loved the idea that you did not have to go somewhere and pick up the key - great idea!!
We will defo return to this lodge for a wee break with the dogs again - they also loved it

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank steffieg6
EDINBURGH
Reviewed 29 October 2012

Just arrived back from 3 nights in Cabin 12. All in All the cabins are in very good order, although I wouldn't like to stay in them on my own. Luckily enough there was me and my friend and my Staffie Angel. The cabins are close together but thats ok, how much time do you plan to stay in a cabin when there is the most wonderful walks surrounding the area.

The welcome we got from Chase the Wild Goose was really nice, packet of biscuits and a chew stick for Angel. They also left us £2 for the meter which we thought was all a very nice touch.

Pros: - beautiful part of the country and fantastic walks all within driving distance of the cabin. Furnishing in the cabin were fine maybe needing some comestic things here and there but they are very comfortable although we did find the beds a little uncomfortable. There is all the things you will need away from home, you don't need to take anything apart from your food.

Cons: The safety was a big thing for us there is only one small clasp lock on the cabin door which we felt isn't very safe, there is also doors in each of the bedrooms which again we personally didn't like. There is no lighting on the site apart from the cabin lights which we understood that Chase the Wild Goose doesn't actually own the site they have a few cabins.
There is a good bathroom however its doesn't have an electric shower which would have been fantastic there is a shower attachment on the bath which again we personally didn't like. The heating was a bit erratic we had a fire and a heater which only worked for the first couple of minutes then switched itself off.

I would like my review to put anyone off visiting these cabins as they are well worth the money I just want people to be aware of the things that we were too keen on. It was the most relaxing 3 days I have had for a long time and would recommend that you visit this part of the country and give these cabins a fair trial its not like you would be living like Bear Gryles.

Hope you have fun and relaxation.

Sharon, Elaine and Angel.

Room Tip: If you are looking for the walk round Loch Eck its not very well signposted, park in the Botantic Ga...