Argyll Hotel(Dunoon)
Free cancellation until 03/08
US$77
  • Restaurant
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$92/night.

Free cancellation until 28/07
US$105
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$118/night.

US$129
US$116
Priceline
Free cancellation until 02/08
US$93
US$92
US$83
Savings alert! 18% below average rates

The price you found is 18% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$101/night.

The Osborne(Dunoon)
Free cancellation until 03/08
US$76
  • Breakfast included
US$90
All reviewsswimming poolhot tubsoft playhunters quaybar and grillactive teamplay areaarcade gamescomfort lodgemain buildingbedroom lodgekids activitiesshop on siteslot machinesgreat family breakleisure centrefamily holiday
Reviewed 19 June 2015 via mobile

Just returned from hunters quay, this is my second visit there, don't know if I would go back. The lodge was clean and comfortable, entertainment during my weeks stay absolutely nothing on site. Even the games room, machines most of them broken, pool table a mess. Can see this once nice site going down hill since I think hoseasons have taken over. Such a pity lovely place but I think you need to up the entertainment and a revamp of some areas.

Stayed: June 2015, travelled with family
3  Thank 309gailm2014
argyllholidays001, Guest Relations Manager at Hunters Quay Holiday Village, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2015

Thank you for leaving your feedback. I am sorry that you don't feel that the site lived up to your previous experiences. We are always looking at ways to improve our service and offering .We are in the middle of discussions as to how we improve the fun hall and the gaming machines.
If you wish to discuss this further please email me direct on Elizabeth.Bell@argyllholidays.com

Elizabeth Bell
Group Operations Manager

Reviewed 16 June 2015 via mobile

We were here on a break we own our caravan, had a meal at the bar and grill which is the restaurant on the park, we got our meal which was two steak pies one with chips one with mash, my mash was off tasted disgusting, sent it back and asked the chef to taste it, couldn't get boiled potatoes, they gave me it back with chips. Which I couldn't eat because I felt sick, staff are lovely but chef needs to taste there own cooking, those mash potatoes were at least three days maybe four days old, the staff asked me if I smelt them, I've never had a meal twice up there which I can say hand on heart that I've enjoyed truly disappointed. Going to take it further.

Stayed: June 2015, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Deny999
argyllholidays001, Guest Relations Manager at Hunters Quay Holiday Village, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2015

Dear Mrs Reilly,
I am so sorry to hear that your experience in the bar & grill wasn't up to your expectations. Could you please email Barry.mclean@argyllholidays.com with the specifics and he will happily look into this for you, as clearly you have been let down.

Reviewed 6 June 2015 via mobile

Just back from Hunter's Quay accommodation was very good 2 bedroom lodge surrounding was lovely we'll kept clean and tidy. Pool was great the kids amusements we're poor most machines broken needs a revamp. All in all a great time in a great area shame it rained a lot. Would I go back very much so...

Stayed: June 2015, travelled with family
3  Thank TIM190764

Hi there,
thanks for leaving your feedback. Sorry we couldn't improve the weather during your stay!
I have passed your comments onto our third party supplier re the machines and have asked them to take appropriate action
Look forward to seeing you here again soon,

Reviewed 5 June 2015 via mobile

Stayed here at parents caravan a few times. The good points it is set in a lovely location with commanding views over the Holy Loch. The park is within walking distance from the ferry terminal and has a bus which comes into the park until 8pm.
There is a good attempt to entertain the kids, a gym, good size swimming pool with sauna and steam room. The Bar and restaurant are good however the selection of beers on tap is poor and the prices are what you would pay in some trendy city centres. The staff are OK not the friendliest but not the worst. Owners get a discount card but this is often not processed by the staff even when the card is given particularly in the entertainment bar.
There is a large games room and an outside climbing frame.The games room requires an upgrade as some of the game are broken or don't work. There is no Park or play area outside of the restaurant area apart from two goal posts near the road and a broken climbing tower. This is bit of a let down as it restricts things for kids.There is no security and that is a disappointment as at times it can be busy.

On the whole it is a nice place, food being served is not bad but not the place for active or hyper kids.

Stayed: May 2015, travelled with family
2  Thank JohnM5

Hi there,
I am sorry to hear that the owner discount system that we have in place hasn't been fully functional. The next time you are visiting, if there is an issue, please ask to speak to a manager and they will resolve this easily for you.
Look forward to seeing you here soon

Reviewed 29 May 2015

We booked 4 nights in a lodge as a short break. We wanted peace and quiet, no work and time just to chill out. This was a perfect location to do just that.
Our lodge was very comfortable - two bedrooms and two bathrooms so our 13yo had her own bathroom. TVs and a DVD player, balcony and a good standard kitchen.
The park itself was nice and quiet with spectacular views. We didn't do any activities - just swimming - but enjoyed the bar and the food in the restaurant was very good.
All of the staff we encountered - from reception, the on-site shop, the pool reception and the bar and restaurant - were friendly, helpful and extremely polite. It's nice to see staff working with a smile on their face!

Dunoon is quiet with not much to do but a trip over to Bute and a long walk (in the rain) around nearby Benmore Gardens were well worth the trip

Room Tip: The lodges are superb and in a quiet area but a 5-10 minute walk (with a few inclines) to the main facilities building
  • Stayed: May 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank Sharpy0507
argyllholidays001, Guest Relations Manager at Hunters Quay Holiday Village, responded to this reviewResponded 1 June 2015

Thanks for leaving your feedback. I am glad you enjoyed the lovely peace and tranquillity around our Park. Hope to see you back here soon
Bets wishes