“Staff were rude!!”

Ristorante Italiano Rio
Ranked #9 of 61 Restaurants in Dunoon
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Child-friendly, Local cuisine, Groups, Special Occasion Dining
Reviewed 15 July 2014

Went along to the restaurant at 6pm on Sat night looking for a table of 6, the man said they were very busy and fully booked, on looking around tables were empty apart from 2 tables of 2 people at the bottom of the restaurant. The man was rather rude and rushed me out the door without explaining or apologising that the empty restaurant was fully booked.

2  Thank marion1948
Ronny P, Manager at Ristorante Italiano Rio, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2014

Dear Guest,

After reading your review, I wish to respond to clarify some aspects of what you wrote.
Regarding the table, we cannot accept expressions or descriptions do not correspond to reality. We are very committed to providing the best possible service to our guest and that means continually working with our staff to make sure they understand how our guests feel and think. We have some prior booking system, unfortunately when you came and ask for table we do not have any table due to the prior booking that’s why are not able give the table to you. I am very sorry for all the things that happened on Saturday. Once again, please accept our sincere apologies and we look forward to serve you.

Thanks & regards

Reviewed 13 July 2014

We had Sunday lunch here and were delighted by the roast beef, best we have ever had, choice of 2 meats and good choice of veg, not overdone like so many carvery's. Staff friendly and very helpful.

Reviewed 12 July 2014 via mobile

While on holiday in dunoon i came here with my partner. The resteraunt was empty but we were told there was no table for us. The man then told is to wait and let us sit at a table for 2 next to the bar. As we are eating our starter another couple and a table of four arrive without a booking and were seated without a problem (something wrong with us??). The food was average but the staff make you feel like they are trying to rush you out the door.

1  Thank kirstydixon
Ronny P, Manager at Ristorante Italiano Rio, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2014

Dear Guest

I want to sincerely apologize for the unpleasant incident you had at our restaurant. Your comments were most troubling but I want to unequivocally thank you for bringing this to my attention. Without your feedback I might never have known of it.

It is our highest priority to provide our guests with an exceptional dining experience and in this instance we certainly failed to do this. What you experienced is totally unacceptable and we have already taken steps to ensure that this does not happen in our restaurant again. We work hard to offer good food and friendly service, and will investigate the concerns you have raised

While I cannot change the past. If you have a chance, please ask for myself Ronny or the manager on duty the next time you visit us so that we may thank you personally

Once again, please accept our sincere apology for this unfortunate incident and thank you for letting us know about it.

Best regards,

Reviewed 12 July 2014

I visited this Restaurant while staying in the attached Argyll Hotel, the staff were very friendly and everyone had a smile, nothing was too much trouble, the menu was extensive and our meal was excellent, every meal going to all the other tables looked great, the restaurant was full of regulars as they all seemed to know the staff very well.

You wont be disappointed.

Dear Guest

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your review. We strive every day to ensure our guests have a wonderful meal and a marvelous time at our restaurant and it is extremely encouraging for someone to tell us. Thank you so much for taking the time to share this with us. It really means a lot to me and to everyone on our staff. We hope you will be back to visit us soon as we would love another opportunity to provide you with our superior service

Best regards,

Reviewed 11 July 2014

well decorated, pleasant and efficient staff, great selection of italian food or spanish tapas, reasonably priced drinks, good coffee.