“Good Food & Friendly Staff”
Review of The Park Hotel

The Park Hotel
Ranked #6 of 11 Hotels in Dunoon
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Good Food & Friendly Staff”
Reviewed 13 November 2013

Stayed here for two nights and the staff were kind enough to change my room twice to accommodate a better view. Very good meal in the evening (3 courses for £15 with a variety of choice). Dog-friendly also. Would definitely recommend.

Room Tip: Ask for a sea view.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Livingston, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 September 2013

Just back from a three night break at the Park Hotel,it's on the west side of town about a ten minute walk along the prom into the town center the staff were really friendly and helpful in recommending places to go and places to eat.The food in the hotel from breakfast to evening meals were excellent and I thought reasonably priced,when we arrived we were given the choice of three separate rooms as there were two functions on on the Saturday and the staff were keen that we were not disturbed by any noise from the functions,in the end we never heard a thing.I would certainly use this hotel again if I was ever back in Dunoon

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Kenatlivi
Stirling, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 September 2013

Came into hotel Sunday morning,was early at around 10/30 just said to the lady at door doing the hovering , I am just making sure that I,am in right hotel,for booking in,,yes sir what is your name,,will go and find out,Montgomery,o no prob ,you are here seen your name, well some start,your room will be done asp,as we were very busy last night,no prob ,going down town..so helpful ,the hotel is very clean and not really far from town.I walked twice about 10 mins, if in a hurry,easy to get to is the hotel go right through town and it's on front near play park area at beach.parking is no prob,me right out side door,room that I was in no..18" very clean normal ,tea coffee ,,must admit Telly was a bit bigger than norm,20 inch or about,lovely bar,other staff not a lot that I met,but owner ,,I think was really nice,,they do standard menu,must admit not used to set menus so ,did not pay much attention.,this is not a complaint ,but breakfast there is no menu,scotish breakfast,,,no poached eggs scrambled boiled,it was just scotish fry,it was nice ,nor continental ,or vegetarian ,me eggs bacon,Wendy full .bacon eggs sausage black pud. Tattie scone,nice size ,I think a menu ,that you can choose from would be bonus,this is my only ,part fault on this hotel,would go back,,but dunoon has not a lot going for it,the one or to bars that I visited are nice and friendly,I think apart from the games ,what is there apart from passing through.

Room Tip: Room 18 is nice make sure window closed here traffic
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Dunoon, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 September 2013

We stayed here at short notice just before the Cowal games and Dunoon was getting really busy. The hotel is located in a quiet street just out of town on the west side . Our room was nicely decorated and more importantly clean. The bathroom was dated but everything worked and the shower over the bath was powerful. Breakfast was served in the function room, the usual fare but the full Scottish was well presented and plentiful. We had a great laugh with the staff one morning just "chewin the fat" as they say. What a tonic! We would definitely stay again and the price is right.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Nottingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 August 2013

When somebody I know in Glasgow heard I was going across the sea to Dunoon, he told me I'd hear banjo music once the ferry had docked. It wasn't quite that though I did hear an owl hoot when I was tucked that night! As regards the hotel, the people running it were lovely and as far as I know didn't participate in banjo duels. The hotel however had probably seen better days and other than the flat screen television in the room looked like something from a couple of decades back. My impression until the following morning was that whilst the decor was a bit tired it was kept clean. This opinion came unstuck the following morning as I pulled up the bath mat to reveal a number of long black hairs which were nothing to do with me. So with that gagging sensation I get from encountering other people's hairs I went to eat my breakfast. I wasn't disposed to a good appetite so eat some cereals and checked out. The lady on reception didn't ask how my stay was and I didn't tell. Peculiar how a little thing like that can put you off a place. I ate a meal in the bar the previous night which did the job but not much more.

• Stayed August 2013
Sheffield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 August 2013

Travelled with a coach firm, we had a lovely room, food lovely, but service a bit slow. Would be better if the staff had their own tables, instead of wandering from table to table asking did you want this dish.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Sweden
Reviewed 27 July 2013

Our room was small - but fit for purpose and had everything we needed.. not least a much appreciated reading lamp! We've stayed in grander places on this trip but this turned out to be the only place where I could read in bed. The bathroom might have seen better days but the shower was great. My partner had a meal in the bar and I almost wished I'd ordered one too..
The staff were really nice and breakfast fine.
The only negative aspect of our short stay would be the strong smell of frying fat in the corridor.
We would certainly return if in the area.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple