“Wow, wow, wow!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Anchorage B&B

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Dunoon
The Anchorage B&B
Ranked #2 of 19 Dunoon B&B and Inns
“Wow, wow, wow!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 March 2012

There was nothing at all that I would change about the anchorage b&b. It was home from home. We stayed in the oystercatcher room for 1 night. Beds were clean & comfy with good quality bed linen, walls pained in farrow & ball paint (I asked as I liked the colour!) the shower was the most powerful I think I have ever used! Breakfast was fabulous & Richard the owner couldn't have been more helpful. We were made so welcome as was our 8 month old daughter. Perfect, 5 stars. Thanks so much.

• Stayed March 2012
2 Thank CGreaves

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Stirling, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 March 2012

stayed for 7 days while on buisiness .warm friendly welcome lovely rooms super breakfast.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank stuart1936
Perth, Scotland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 January 2012

What a great find (thanks Trip advisor). I arrived on a cold wet January night to discover their heating had been broken and was only just repaired. The owner was friendly and welcoming and immediately dashed off to get a fan heater to warm my room up. (Was soon warm and cosy) The room was beautiful with a huge sleigh bed and views over Holy Loch and lovely spotless bathroom with Molton Brown toiletries). Breakfast was also delicious, a real notch above the usual with home made fruit salad and greek yoghurt on offer as well as free range scrambled eggs with smoked salmon. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: The Heron room has a huge bed and fantastic views.
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled solo
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank marvellous_mum
UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 December 2011

My wife and I stayed at the Anchoridge for two nights as I had a job interview locally. We stayed in the only available room, the twin. We were not disappointed!

We were met by a very warm welcome from the proprietor, Richard and taken to our room. The room itself was exceptionally clean and furnished to a superb level. There was lots of room and views to both the front (overlooking Holy Loch) and the back (overlooking beautiful gardens) of the property.

We had a wonderful full Scottish breakfast on both mornings that kept us going until dinner time.

Richard couldn't do enough for us but was not at all intrusive as some B&B owners can be.

We are planning a return visit soon.

• Stayed March 2011
1 Thank Sappho_UK
Edinburgh
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 November 2011

Stayed here for two nights with my sister and the owner, Richard, couldn't have been more helpful. He was so obliging by giving us a lift to our cousins house and also collected us from the ferry on arrival and taking us to the ferry when we left. The room we stayed in overlooked the water and was extremely comfortable. We had a beautiful breakfast both mornings and I would have no hesitation recommending this b&b to any future guests.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank p0ttyd0tty
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 October 2011

My wife and I stayed at the Anchorage whilst up in Dunoon for a wedding last year. Yes you read right - last year (August I recall). So why bother to review this B&B after all this time I hear you ask? Simply put - because I should have always done it. This alone is proof of my conviction that such a great stay deserves an equally great review.

We had the Heron room with the double bed and glorious view of the waterfront. The weather was quite windy out but the B&B was cosy, belying the cooler temperature beyond the door. Richard was an amazing host. He even drove us over to a starting point to commence a walk along the ridge behind the built up area for a ramble to Dunoon proper. There is also free WiFi so you can remain connected during your stay if you want. Breakfast was also very good and as far as B&Bs go, we though it was good value for money.

If you need a place to stay in this area look no further. You won't be disappointed.

Room Tip: Get the Heron room if possible as it is the best one.
  • Stayed November 2010, travelled as a couple
Inverness, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 October 2011

As a young traveler staying in accommodation can be quite daunting! However, this is not so at the Anchorage B&B! I stayed here for the first time in 2010 and Richard was very welcome and encouraging. As I had come down from Inverness (after just recently arriving from Australia) to dance at the world championships Richard was very encouraging and took quite an interest into how my dancing went and as what i was doing in my life!

The rooms are lovely and the beds are very comfortable! The showers are lovely. The breakfasts were ample. As I don't eat very much (I only had Bacon, Sausage and black pudding) Richard was concerned it wouldn't be enough to fill me and kept offering more food!

My second stay was just as pleasant! I stayed for longer this time as I with my parents and we did a bit of traveling. My parents couldnt stay as the house was full but Richard was just as welcoming with my parents and very helpful in planning our trip to Loch Lomond and our return trip to glasgow!

I would highly recommend this B&B and I will be returning again next year when I travel down for the Cowal Highland games!

Room Tip: Book early!!! The front rooms are nicer as the view is better but I have stayed in two different roo...
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled solo