“EXCELLENT!! Don't look for anywhere else to stay in Dunoon!!!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Dunoon
Dhailling Lodge Guest House
Ranked #12 of 19 Dunoon B&B and Inns
Reviewed 7 May 2011

My young son is in Dunoon on an 8 week course and with us living on Merseyside it was a real worry when he was being "independent" for the first time - My worries were soon taken care of & I could not have entrusted my son to a better "home from home". James has not only ran his business but he has also took my son under his wing and genuinely looked out for him - I couldn't have asked for anything more in the world. A lovely warm man, lovely surroundings, great food (even for my very fussy 18 year old which James took into account) and clean fresh rooms. From the heart, thank you James you were a confidant for my son when he needed a close one! Linda x

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank LindaHWirral

Reviewed 29 April 2011

I am a foreigner visiting scotland for the first time with my young children. i was told about dunoon and decided to try it. I found Dhailling lodge from trip advisor and pick it because of all the good reviews from the past guest.
I have no regret choosing Dhaillling Lodge and infact will highly recommend to anyone especially my family and friends.
Dhailling lodge was more then I expect. From the main entrance the building was elegant with well landscaped garden and ample/good/spacious parking spaces.
The hotel is very tidy, clean and most importantly doesnt smells. The rooms are comfortable, spacious, well equipped and most importantly very tidy and clean, infact spotless especially the bathroom.
I was also very impress by how this hotel has a full disable acess whereby i know most hotel in dunoon do not have this facility
Food was good, breakfast was a great choice especially i have very fussy kids. dinner was great too.
But what impress me most was the customer service by the owner, Mr James Donnelly. As a foreigner who speaks minimal scotiish english i had alot of difficult but Mr James was a great help. Not only he was well mannered but he was very helpful as well especially i have a child who is special needs. He make our stay very comfortable and enjoyable. so without Mr James our holiday would not have been as good as we had. thank you

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 March 2011

My parents stayed here at the begining of February and as my mother is disabled we are not always able to find places that offer enough facilities for her.
We had no problem here at Dhailling Lodge. It is very rarely that my mother will return anywhere
but she will happily do so here.
The service was excelent, the breakfasts were great and no request was to small
thank you for providing such a welcoming place to stay
Marion White

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank morag01
Reviewed 29 November 2010

I spent 10 weeks here wilst on a course and i couldn't have picked a better B&B.
James and Mandy made me feel welcome form the moment I arrived.
The rooms a refreshed dayly and are of a really good standard and the food it top notch.
I know of other lads who stayed in other B&B's in the area and was told some horror stories, some even moved in to the Dhailling becouse if them.
There would be no other choice if I ever went back to Dunoon I'd stay here every time.

All the best Paul

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 25 October 2010

Stayed for one evening on 22nd October the couple who run the guest house are very helpfull and the accommodation is excellant. The evening meals though were not more than supermarket reheats! very disapointing as they even phoned to tell us the menu and we were so impressed at their kindness but I am affraid unless you are happy with something from the supermarket reheat section I would eat out in the evening!. The breakfast was good my wifes porridge was very good my cooked breakfast was a little greasy and the sausage had been cooked in a Foreman type grill then halved lengthwise and I got a half sausage!? Must be the cutbacks. This is a beautifull house with lovely hosts but need to practice their culinary skills. Loch Fyne oyster bar on the top of said lough is a wonderful place to stop and eat with the freshest of fish dishes cooked to order a must to eat in on a journey. We will return to Dunoon in the future as their is a lot to see in the area.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 October 2010

We have stayed at the Dhailling Lodge a couple of times when in Dunoon for family occasions. The rooms are very comfortable and the service is always very good. Will definitely return.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 September 2010

James and Mandy are genuinely nice people who make you feel part of the family, I think the way they run their business is absolutely spot on. With the variety of cooked breakfasts, evening meals and with the option of a packed lunch to take with you whatever you may be getting upto. With rooms freshened up daily and the fast turn around laundry service leaves no room for any improvements. So for a completely stress free and welcome stay in Dunoon the Dhailling Lodge is the number 1 choice from me.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled on business