“A definate must for PDA Divers”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Dunoon
Dhailling Lodge Guest House
Ranked #12 of 19 Dunoon B&B and Inns
Reviewed 28 July 2011

Stayed here for 11 weeks during my premier package at the professional diving academy and couldnt find 1 thing whong with the place.

Rooms are clean and tidy
Rooms are well equiped
Food is good with a good variety
Serviced is excellent
Excellent service to divers with changes been easily made to suit your needs and any diving commitments at the PDA

I've spoke to alot of other PDA students and i will admit there are cheaper places to stay however after about a month people realise that the standards just aren't up to par and wish they'd looked around before choosing the cheapest on the list.

Overall a very relaxed atmosphere and friendly service makes the time fly by and i would definately stay here again in the future if i was ever in dunoon or at the Professional Diving Academy

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled solo
4  Thank Conor1592

Reviewed 18 July 2011

The host was very friendly and helpful which was definitely the high point of this hotel, but the building itself is very dated and the town has little to offer. It was clean and tidy, but dated decor with wallpaper in the room, lurid pink towels in the small bathroom and and ornate mirror on the dressing table. On the plus side, we had great views across the firth from our bedroom at the front of the house.

It seems to cater for an older clientelle, we're middle aged and seemed to be the youngest there. The bedding was sheets rather than a duvet and I've certainly never come across an electric blanket in a hotel before! The complimentary buscuits in the room were not replenished on the second day.

Breakfast choice was decent enough with some unusual dishes in addition to the usual sausage and bacon such as Muffin with Poached Egg and Cheese or Pancakes with Honey, Nuts and Yoghurt. The fruit selection was just tinned peaches or pineapple though which was dissapointing.

There was a charge for wifi access which really annoys me. Only a pound, but it's the principle.

Room Tip: The best views are from the front
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 June 2011

Stayed here for 11 weeks whilst attending a diving course at the PDA. James made you feel welcome from the moment you walked through the door until the day you checked out. Room and food were of a high standard. Great when it was sunny to sit outside reading and watching the porpoises and seals swimming by. would deffinatly stay here again and this time bring the family.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank dazf2911
Reviewed 7 June 2011

Well done James a very polite and very affable host with a grade one personality. Delightful evening meal, very nice en-suit room and a very good breakfast menu. Having stayed in Dunoon several times we know our next stay will be at Dhailling Lodge.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 May 2011

I stayed at the Lodge with my daughter and my sister. It was the beginning of our trip to Scotland and it was a perfect stay. Great host, great location across from River Clyde, and wonderful food. Rooms were decorated nicely and extremely comfortable. My favorite? The electric blanket underneath the sheets....great on cool nights. I would recommend this lodge to anyone traveling to Dunoon. Great price also. I hope to return one day!!!!

Room Tip: Get a front room facing the River Clyde!
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 May 2011

My young son is in Dunoon on an 8 week course and with us living on Merseyside it was a real worry when he was being "independent" for the first time - My worries were soon taken care of & I could not have entrusted my son to a better "home from home". James has not only ran his business but he has also took my son under his wing and genuinely looked out for him - I couldn't have asked for anything more in the world. A lovely warm man, lovely surroundings, great food (even for my very fussy 18 year old which James took into account) and clean fresh rooms. From the heart, thank you James you were a confidant for my son when he needed a close one! Linda x

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank LindaHWirral
Reviewed 29 April 2011

I am a foreigner visiting scotland for the first time with my young children. i was told about dunoon and decided to try it. I found Dhailling lodge from trip advisor and pick it because of all the good reviews from the past guest.
I have no regret choosing Dhaillling Lodge and infact will highly recommend to anyone especially my family and friends.
Dhailling lodge was more then I expect. From the main entrance the building was elegant with well landscaped garden and ample/good/spacious parking spaces.
The hotel is very tidy, clean and most importantly doesnt smells. The rooms are comfortable, spacious, well equipped and most importantly very tidy and clean, infact spotless especially the bathroom.
I was also very impress by how this hotel has a full disable acess whereby i know most hotel in dunoon do not have this facility
Food was good, breakfast was a great choice especially i have very fussy kids. dinner was great too.
But what impress me most was the customer service by the owner, Mr James Donnelly. As a foreigner who speaks minimal scotiish english i had alot of difficult but Mr James was a great help. Not only he was well mannered but he was very helpful as well especially i have a child who is special needs. He make our stay very comfortable and enjoyable. so without Mr James our holiday would not have been as good as we had. thank you

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled with family