“Short Stay”

Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in Dunoon
Livingston
“Short Stay”
Reviewed 24 January 2014 via mobile

After a long days work, arrived to a relaxing reception and was shown the hotel amenities and room by Colin .. very nice, clean and well kept (amenities and rooms)
Colin and Christine were very hospitable and attentive during my short stay ..
Meal was delicious and washed down with a wee gin ... lovely ...
Thanks again Colin and Christine for you hospitality .. :-)

• Stayed January 2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (135)
Greenock, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 January 2014

Just back from spending two nights at the abbots brae hotel. Had a fantastic time. Colin and Christine made us so welcome. Food was amazing with a great selection to choose from. Can't wait to return for our wedding on 2nd August this year. Would highly recommend to all. Thanks again xx

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Campbeltown, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 January 2014

Very friendly and helpful staff nothing was too much trouble, as I started early for work I needed to get my breakfast slightly earlier which was no problem. Food was great, breakfast was varied and speedy, which was great for me as I wanted to get going for the day. Dinner was also great with a good selection of food for everyone. Room was brilliant. Bed was comfy, bedding was all clean, room was warm, windows well all in good knick and able the withstand the battering wind, and it was nice and quiet. Although it was dark when I left in the morning and dark when I came in I could tell that it would be a nice view from the hotel. Much better than most hotels I've had to stay in for work. I would recommend this hotel to business people or for holiday makers. Location was close to town and you could easily walk there. Although weathers not great in January in dunoon so I drove a lot. Hotel staff were happy to show you directions and they were very knowledgable about the surroundings. I am sure they would have good information on all that is going on in the area or would be happy to share good walks ect in the surrounding areas. it was handy to have the boat time tables up on the wall. Very nice selection of toiletries in bathroom. Bathroom was well equipped, shower was powerful and there was plenty of hot water. I am sure anybody wishing for a happy, comfy stay in Dunoon with great food would love to stay here. I know my line manager, who also stayed in this hotel, had a great stay too. She was very enthusiastic about the hotel, the staff and the food. Would be happy if I got put up here again. Do not really know what else to say and the review has to be 200 characters

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Cle Elum, Washington
Reviewed 8 January 2014

We have now stayed here a few times as part of our small group tours of Scotland and love the place. As you drive up to the house, you have the feeling of something special and then you get the view! Spectacular! Colin greeting us and got us settled into the lounge and then we met Christine. It was obvious that they both very much like what they do. The house is warm and inviting and nothing seemed too much trouble. We dined with them that night and that is where Colin truly shines! Each time we have been here someone has commented that it was the best meal of the tour! I cannot recommend them more highly. You will enjoy your stay here!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank ScottishDreamTours
Ellington, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 January 2014

We have just spent our second Hogmany at Abbots Brae Hotel and have also booked for this year coming.What a wonderful stay we would highly recommend it to anyone you will not be disappointed.Colin and Christine are perfect hosts they make everyone welcome.The Hotel is spotless the food is the absolute best. What a team Colin and Christine are they both work so hard to make your stay perfect.We met some lovely people there each with a story to tell.
Thanks very much to you both looking forward to our return

Room Tip: A room facing the garden to watch the squirrels
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Port Glasgow, Scotland, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 January 2014

My wife and I spent 3 nights here over the new year period,,, This hotel is fantastic and should rated 5 star,, Colin and Christine and all the staff are 1st class hosts,, The hotel and all the rooms are kept immaculate,,I do not have words to decribe the food,,Colin should be a mitcholen chef,, Christine is fantastic for local knowledge and her peoples skills are out- standing,, The one thing that stands out for me and my wife was the way Christine introduced all the guests to each other,a very personell touch from her,,, You felt like one of the family,,
We would reccomend this hotel to any one,,,

Room Tip: Book the Benmore for fantastic views
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 January 2014

Everything was amazing added to the Christmas plus and treated ourselves to an anniversary present as well!
Food, room, place, views, hospitality amazing. Even had a bottle of red wine that I enjoyed - I'm a white wine drinker!
Originally going to have our dinner out the second night but when we discovered how far it was out out town decided to have meal in - excellent choice.
The drive reminded us a bit of Lombard Street - more excitement!

Room Tip: A room at the front you have an amazing view.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel