“Big Breakfast”

Ranked #14 of 61 Restaurants in Dunoon
Price range: US$8 - US$23
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Reservations
Description: We are a family run local Bar / Restaurant selling local food and drink.
Reviewed 14 July 2013

Having eaten three evening meals here before and hearing so many rave reviews about the Holy Loch Inns breakfast on a Sunday from 1000 till 1130 I thought I must try it for myself. What can I say it was fantastic. Service with a smile, food was great and fab value for money. Would def rate it highly for a breakfast on a Sunday morning.

Reviewed 7 July 2013

Well its hard to find a place like this anymore !! We walked in at lunchtime and got such a friendly welcome. I had my wee dog with me and I asked if it is ok for her to sit with us in the bar area.... Of course it is said the woman smiling and offered a wee bowl of water for her but I already had my own. We saw the menu which looked lovely but as we'd had a big breakfast earlier, we asked if we could just have toasties, again the response was.. of course, with a friendly smile. Toasties were so tasty, coffee was lovely, and my mum had a big pot of tea with hers, which she said was lovely and hot. This wee pub deserves to be recognized,the woman who took our order was very nice and obliging and the other one who brought the food was too. The main menu looks lovely and from now on ,whenever Im over at my caravan at Hunters Quay I'll be going there. Ps.. they also have a lovely dining room next door if you don't have a dog. big Thumbs up for the Holy Loch Inn.... Thank you :)

Reviewed 5 July 2013 via mobile

We ate here on a Saturday and the menu offered a lovely variety of meals. We all chose the burger and I asked for the smaller portion meal. I really liked the flavour of the burger and it came with lettuce and tomato as well as chips and onion rings. I liked the light batter on the onion rings too. Our server was attentive and our food arrived as ordered. I would definitely eat here again if I was in the area.

Reviewed 4 July 2013

Stumbled upon this lovely pub whilst holidaying in the area. The surroundings are a basic local pub but the staff, food and atmosphere were great and much better than more upmarket and more expensive meals we had in the area.
We arrived on a Thurs eve at the beginning of the season and at this time of year they only do meals Thur/Fri/Sat/Sun but increase this as the season demands.
The menu is limited but thats fine as all the food is homemade and freshly prepared. I enjoyed simple 'Fish and Chips' which were fab, really fresh fish and lovely hand cut chunky chips followed by homemade Rhubarb Crumble, nothing posh but excellent quality and price.
Staff made us very welcome, you couldn't ask for more.
We were visiting as a couple but ideal for family/friends gatherings.

Reviewed 20 June 2013

Went to holy loch inn today for lunch food was very nice and great value for money
Kate and Anne were very welcoming and friendly a credit to Dunoon