“Delicious Fish and Chips”
Review of Anselmo's

Anselmo's
Ranked #10 of 61 Restaurants in Dunoon
Price range: US$3 - US$11
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Serving traditional fish and chips 'old school' in brown paper since the summer of '76. Small portions available on most items and reduced prices at lunchtimes. Check out our specials board when you are in.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We love coming for take out!! The fish and chips are delicious... among the best we have eaten. Friendly service. Definitely will be back.

Reviewed 14 June 2018 via mobile

Visited here with my husband and 2 year old daughter, great food and great customer service it was a really pleasant place to eat we had a fish supper a half fried pizza supper and my daughter had kids sausage and chips with juices aswell all for under £20, we where also given free homemade cake and my daughter was given a bowl of ice cream for free, great little find in Dunoon a very welcoming place thanks again!

1  Thank renaerayden258
Reviewed 11 June 2018

I try to get at least one haggis supper into my trips to Scotland and as we were finishing golf late, Anselmo's was the choice this time.

And what a great choice it turned out to be. The boss man clearly enjoys his work and provides a great service. Asking "is there anything I can cook for you tonight?" seemed such a simple question, but at the same time a lovely touch. When we ordered haggis we were asked if we minded waiting to have it cooked fresh, and how long the wait would be. Again - this should be simple and straight forward for anywhere to do, but how often do people bother.

While waiting it was clear that there were a lot of regulars, each one treated like the arrival of a friend.

The proof of the pudding, or indeed haggis, is of course ultimately in the food. Fortunately this lived up to expectations and went down beautifully with a can of Irn Bru.

For me this rivals the West End Cafe in Rothesay for a haggis supper and for me, that is praise. Would definitely return.

1  Thank Iain_Dalgleish
Reviewed 31 May 2018

Our holiday in Dunoon would not be complete without at least one visit to Anselmo's Fish and Chip Shop.The popularity and quality of their fish and chips usually means there will be a queue of customers. You are assured of freshly cooked fish and chips when you place your order. Good portions, piping hot and reasonably priced. Once again I highly recommend this "fabulous chippy."

1  Thank fear-teagaisg
Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

Excellent chip shop, have a wide range of gluten free options. Kids love how when taking away everything comes wrapped in newspaper.

1  Thank Stuart L