“Average I'd say”

Ghillies Cafe Bar
Ranked #46 of 61 Restaurants in Dunoon
Cuisines: British
Reviewed 8 June 2014

We went for a change to this place for a dinner. We got the menus and sat for agess before being served. The food was ok, but not the kind I would like to get on a special night out. Not particularly a place I'd visit again...Sorry!

Reviewed 3 June 2014

Been twice, first time I had the burger for lunch, think it had came out the freezer. Not good enough, for the price it should be made on the premises. Even the chips tasted as if the oil was well by its best. Believing I maybe just caught them on a bad day I returned for dinner a couple of months later, I had a chilli bowl, lettuce was brown and everything was tasteless and swimming in oil. Really not good enough, the place looks nice from the outside, such a shame as it is in a prime location where you depart the Western Ferry. Until it improves dramatically I wouldn't recommend to anybody.

1  Thank Gus1269
Reviewed 30 April 2014

I only popped in here for a drink one afternoon after wondering around Dunoon and was welcomed by extremely friendly staff . Made a bad day into a lovely relaxing afternoon. Would definitely come back for food as the settings of this hotel are really beautiful.

Reviewed 16 February 2014

We didn't stay here but did pop into the bar for coffee one day and lunch the next and we found the staff to be extremely helpful and the food was nice.

Reviewed 1 December 2013 via mobile

Clearly been a nice place in the past but unfortunately now a bit tired. Plus points though are the staff, really friendly and cant do enough for you. Breakfast was good too.