“tribute night and meal.”
Review of Esplanade Hotel

Esplanade Hotel
Ranked #3 of 11 Hotels in Dunoon
Reviewed 6 July 2014

Lovely 4 course meal and tribute group. Great value for money and friendly staff. Special mention to Robert at the bar. The hotel is in a lovely location over looking the water, with nice gardens and outdoor seating.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Esplanade704070, General Manager at Esplanade Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2014

Dear Guest

Thank you for your kind comments regarding your recent stay at The Esplanade Hotel. Appreciative feedback such as yours inspires us to consistently provide our guests with the superior level of service they have come to expect from our Hotel.

In the meantime if there is anything we can do to assist you. please do not hesitate to contact me directly at 01369 704070 or please email me at manoj.cancar@sgehotels.com

Best Regards

Manoj Cancar

Reviewed 30 June 2014 via mobile

Enjoyed our stay here staff all polite friendly and helpful food good quality and homemade . watch stairs though can be a trip hazard . view wonderful across the bay. Dunoon a little lacking many shops are closed like many towns sadly but good base to explore from
Would go back

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your feedback on our hotel through Trip advisor. We are happy to learn that your stay at our hotel was up to your expectations and that we were able to make your stay memorable by providing you the positive experience we endeavor to give to all our valued guests as you expected. We will make sure that your comments are shared to all the Staff. The positive ratings you gave us on Trip advisor are greatly appreciated and we hope we have the opportunity to be at your service again in the near future.

In the meantime if there is anything we can do to assist you please do not hesitate to contact us directly at 01369 704070 or please email me at manoj.cancar@sgehotels.com

Looking forward to welcoming you back soon.

Best Regards

Manoj Cancar

Reviewed 25 June 2014

This must be the best view I have ever had from a hotel room, absolutely wonderful, and this is why I am giving 5 stars.The room was bright and airy with 2 huge windows overlooking the garden and the river.

Other reviews have raved about the food, it was really quite ordinary - but ordinary is ok. We had booked an easy break deal and considering the room rate this was excellent value for money. If you aren't that keen on the food then there are some eateries in Dunoon, just a short walk away. We didn't feel the need to eat anywhere else though.

There is a small well stocked bar and unusually for a hotel not expensive.

It is true that the hotel caters for the more mature guest so if you are looking for a party atmosphere then perhaps this is not the hotel for you.

We had a lovely 3 day break and would not hesitate to come here again, we had a lovely time

Room Tip: we had room 53 - lovely view
1  Thank out4theday
Gary S, General Manager at Esplanade Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2014

Dear Guest

In the meantime if there is anything we can do to assist you. please do not hesitate to contact me directly at 01369 704070 or please email me at gary.smith@sgehotels.com

Reviewed 24 June 2014

my wife and I stayed here for the late may weekend and enjoyed dunoon very much, however our stay at the esplanade had something lacking.
the room we were given on arriving was a twin when I had booked a double through easy breaks, my paperwork stated a double but at reception I was told they had booked a twin, the matter was resolved and we were given a double with an excellent sea view.
the guy at reception also asked if we had stayed before, when I said yes , a few times, he said he thought he recognised me, but im afraid I had never seen him before, and there was a massive change of staff since our last visit.
the meals were excellent as usual, the entertainment, well, we had seen the singer on a previous occasion and decided not to stay that evening.
I have to say this, as I said there was something lacking, I did get the impression the staff were under stress and certainly not as friendly as before, and a few of us were taken by surprise on the sunday evening of our stay when, at ten past ten one of the staff came up to the lounge and declared last orders at the bar , a rather early night then.
over all, we enjoyed our stay, not half as much as on other occasions and im not so sure of a return, perhaps we got spoiled on earlier visits.

Room Tip: the sea views are excellent
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank boaz64

Dear Valued Guest
Thank you for your recent review and the comments raised in it. I am sorry to hear that your stay was not up to your expectation this visit and I wish that you had raised any concerns during your stay before checking out. We always encourage guests to speak to us if they have any issues, regardless of how small they may be so that we may remedy any situation that may be required. There have been a small change in the staff with some moving to other hotels in our group, there are however staff with us who have been here for some time. We do hope that you will come back and visit in the future as a valued guest and if you wish to discuss anything with me further, please do not hesitate to give me a call on 01369 704070 or drop me an email at gary.smith@sgehotels.com

Reviewed 22 June 2014

We enjoyed the stay at Esplanade Hotel very much.
The room was elegantly decorated and every thing was in high quality, which made the stay very comfortable, with the beddings, bathroom and everything else.

All the staff were so helpful.
Thank you, Sonia, the receptionist, you made us feel welcome with your lovely smile after a long tiring journey.

We definately recommend this hotel to our friends!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
2  Thank rimakon

Reviewed 22 June 2014

Stayed here for a few days last week and had a lovely stay.
Booked a Sea View Room (Premier Suite).
These rooms are spacious, clean, modern and have a fantastic view across the bay.
Breakfast was good, usual full Scottish and staff friendly.
Will definitely be returning.
Only thing is car park is small (10 places for a lost greater no of rooms in hotel), and hotel from back does not look that good, but OK from front or inside.
Recommend calling direct a for deal.
Tel No: +44 (0) 1396 - 704 070
Website: www.esplanadehoteldunoon.co.uk

Reviewed 22 June 2014

My husband and I stayed here at end of March.the car park is far too small,which overlooks a derelict hotel and the back of other peoples back gardens,unfortunately the hotel needs a lick of paint outside,
Our room was small but newly decorated,this was also at the back so overlooked the derelict hotel and back gardens.
The corridors were needing a paint job,although they were clean.
The breakfast was served by very helpful young people,it was cooked well and there was enough of it,.
The lounge on both floors have beautiful views,but again a makeover is needed .
Generally the hotel needs a through overhaul.inside and out.

Room Tip: Front rooms with a view.that have been decorated .they also catch the sun
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest
Thank you for your recent review. I was sorry to hear that your visit did not meet your expectation this time. If it had been brought to our attention at the time that you did not like the view, we could have changed you into one of our rooms with a view over the Clyde. It would also have been possible to point you to our overflow car park if we had been notified that you were finding difficulty parking. We do carry out ongoing refurbishment to the hotel on an annual basis and hope that you will once again come and visit us here at The Esplanade in the future. If I can be of any assistance to you in the future, please do not hesitate to call me on 01369 704070 or emailme at gary.smith@sgehotels.com