Argyll Hotel
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$91
US$131
The Osborne(Dunoon)
Abbot's Brae(Dunoon)
1,013 results
All reviewsmurder mystery weekendtower roomtheatre companysaturday nightgreat weekendfour poster bedfawlty towersset menuboth nightsweekend breaklovely mealsea viewan overnight stayvisited this hotelgreat value for moneydining roomsister hotel
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 10 January 2012

I stayed in the Argyll hotel for only 1 night but had a really good experience. I am on a round trip for some time now and had some bad experiences with hotels, but here I was greated by a very friendly lady, who was very helpful. Some hotels do not like guests staying only 1 night but here I was greated by a polite and friendly staff. I did not feel aquared just checking in for 1 night. The room was very confortable and clean with a warm homely feeling. I also had dinner in the Hotel and enjoyed good dinner. I liked that the waiters were very quickly in serving me and they were also very polite spending a few minutes with me when I had questions. They also recommended to try their hot chocolate when I asked what would be a nice hot drink and I was very impressed. I had an excellent stay and I will return to this hotel in the future.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank Blanche S
Reviewed 2 January 2012

we went for a meal at the Argyll. we are locals and had not eaten there for a while. we found the waiting staff to be over bearing and the meal very basic, obviously frozen food quickly microwaved. the cost of the meal was horrific. asked for a cappacino to round off the meal, was served a hot sweet drink, still do not know what it was. standards have certainly slipped. will not be eating there again!

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 21 December 2011

We stayed at the Argyll Hotel on 16th and 17th December 2011 for the Christmas party nights. What a fabulous weekend it was! The rooms were spotlessly clean and modern, food was excellent and the staff were very friendly. Both the Abba tribute (fABBAlous) on Friday night and Jim Smart as Freddie Mercury were amazing nights with a great atmosphere. It was nice to see the staff and management getting involved with the party atmosphere and dancing with the guests. Made the weekend extra special. The Argyll Hotel go that little bit extra to ensure that guests are having a great time. First class!!!

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank hypnosong
Scarlett M, Operations Manager at Argyll Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 January 2012

Hi there! Many thanks for reviewing the Argyll Hotel. We are always thrilled to read that our guests have enjoyed their stay as much as we want them too. As you can probably tell we put a lot of hard work into our Tribute weekends and it is always fantastic to know that the hard work has been noticed. I will be delighted to pass your lovely comments over to our staff – who always like abit of a dance! We hope to see you back at the Argyll Hotel in the near future, but in the meantime many thanks for taking the time to write such kind comments. Kind regards, Scarlett.

Reviewed 6 December 2011

I enjoyed an excellent stay at this Best Western hotel. The room was pleasant and spacious and had been recently refurbished. The hotel is clean and the staff are accomadating and friendly. The hotel proves to be an excellent 'value' choice and if you are visiting Dunoon you will not go far wrong with this place.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank JCMD51
Scarlett M, Operations Managaer at Argyll Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 January 2012

Hello there! Many thanks for reviewing our hotel. We are always thrilled to read that our guests have enjoyed their stay as much as we want them too. I will be delighted to pass your lovely comments over to our staff in all areas in the hotel. We hope to see you back at the Argyll Hotel in the near future, but in the meantime many thanks for taking the time to write such kind comments. Kind regards, Scarlett.

Reviewed 28 November 2011

We had a good stay at this centrally located hotel. The staff were efficient and friendly during our stay. The room was exactly what I would expect from a 3star seaside hotel although the four poster was an unexpected surprise. Breakfast was again up to standard for a hotel of this standard. This hotel proves to be excellent value for a short break and we hope to return in a few months.

• Stayed: November 2011
2  Thank GerardandKateGlas
Scarlett M, Operations Manager at Argyll Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 December 2011

Hello there. May i take a moment to thank you very much for leaving such kind comments about our hotel. To hear such positive feedback always gives the staff a buzz to know that they are living up to our guests high expectations. I am delighted to see that you were pleasantly surprised with your four poster bedroom, this are our pride and joy rooms so it is good to know our guests love them as much as we do. We hope that the Argyll will be your first port of call when you are next in the area. Many thanks once again, kind regards, Scarlett