“GB Tours stay”

Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in Dunoon
Birkenhead, United Kingdom
“GB Tours stay”
Reviewed 23 February 2013

Stayed at this hotel with a coach party of 28, 29 including the driver. Stayed dinner, bed & breakfast. Hotel staff & food good. Had a few problems with the room when we arrived but they where soon sorted out. Partner had his birthday while we where staying there and they arranged a cake for him at no extra charge. Would love to try one of their murder weekends.

1 Thank Carole P
surya d, General Manager at Argyll Hotel, responded to this review, 24 February 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for your stay with us and the lovely words of appreciation. Team Argyll strives to create this pleasure and comfort for all our guests. The fact that this is exactly what Team Argyll has been successful in achieving makes us happier and more motivated to continue the same endeavour.

Thank you once again for your 5 star rating and we hope to see you soon!

Regards
General Manger

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (317)
Upton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 February 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for 4 nights,there was 29 of us on a coach party.we had breakfast and dinner which was excellent.the manager was really friendly and was asking everyone if everything was ok.At one dinner i didnt like any starters and the manager went out of his way to get me something i liked.Our room 108 was very good.I would really recommend this hotel,very good manager and friendly staff.

Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Kevevo
surya d, General Manager at Argyll Hotel, responded to this review, 23 February 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you so much for taking the time for leaving a review on Trip Advisor. I am delighted to hear that you have been satisfied with your stay. It means a lot that you have taken the time to share your views and I hope we will continue to welcome you in the future. I look forward to welcoming you back.

New Galloway, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 February 2013

Wow y are u cooking get down to the carvery on a Sunday here .£5.95 bargain or 3 courses for £12.95 . The meal it's brill . I,ve been 4 times n it's all fresh n the staff are a credit to the hotel n chef u n ur kitchen staff well done . Best carvery I.ve ever had by far

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank hopinmad
Dear Guest

Thank you so much for taking the time for leaving a review on Trip Advisor. I am delighted to hear that you have been satisfied with your food and our offerings . It means a lot that you have taken the time to share your views and I hope we will continue to welcome you in the future. I look forward to welcoming you back.

surya Dev
glasgow
Reviewed 21 February 2013

We stayed at this hotel last weekend for the Whitney Houston tribute/Valentine break. Everything from check-in to check-out was dealt with efficiently and professionally by a very hands-on General Manager and his team. The food both nights was fabulous with my only critisism being the length of time it took to serve the dinner on the night of the tribute. All the staff thoughout the hotel were very friendly and welcoming and couldn't do enough for you, always checking you were ok and asking if you needed anything. The bar prices were very reasonable for both food and drink, the bar menu being even cheaper (and much nicer surroundings) than the menu from the pub across the road. Our room (108) faced onto the street and must admit we heard nothing from outside on both nights. A great friendly hotel with lovely staff and a manager who is always around making sure his guests are being well catered for. Will be back soon. Many thanks to you all

Room Tip: Room 106 which we have stayed in before has a twin aspect window so lovely and bright
1 Thank shazGlasgow
surya d, General Manager at Argyll Hotel, responded to this review, 22 February 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your feedback on our hotel through Trip advisor. We are happy to learn that your stay at our hotel was up to your expectations and that we were able to make your stay memorable by providing you the positive experience we endeavour to give to all our valued guests. We will make sure that your comments are shared to all the Staff. The positive ratings you gave us on Trip advisor are greatly appreciated and we hope we have the opportunity to be at your service again in the near future.

In the meantime if there is anything we can do to assist you please do not hesitate to contact us directly at 01369 702059 or please email me at dev.surya@sgehotels.com

Looking forward to welcoming you back soon.

Best Regards

Towyn, Wales, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 February 2013

I stayed at the Argyll a few weeks ago now as my partner's company uses this hotel for him to stay in whilst working in Scotland. As we were travelling up for a tiring 5 hour journey, my partner rang the hotel and spoke to the manager to ask if it was ok that I stayed for the week with my partner. Although it was extremely late notice the manager was more than happy to help. On arrival we were very warmly welcomed by the staff on the reception desk, especially the manager. He told us to sit down and relax while he sorted out the room key in the back. We were both offered drinks on arrival courtesy of the manager of course, so we did. I couldn't have felt more welcome. He then explained where our room was and offered to carry our bags but as we only had two, we declined gratefully. During my stay I found the rooms to be clean and pleasant and the beds were very comfy. We were supplied with some essentials too (shampoo, shower gel, tea bags etc.) Every time we came into contact with any of the staff we found them to be extremely kind and friendly, just what you want when your in a place on your own (partner in work). Overall, I would definitely rate The Argyll an 'excellent'. I will look forward to returning again around Easter. Thank you for an enjoyable stay :)

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
surya d, General Manager at Argyll Hotel, responded to this review, 20 February 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your feedback on our hotel through Trip advisor. All feedback we receive is greatly appreciated and we endeavour to make everyone’s stay here with us as pleasurable as possible.

Looking forward to welcome you back .

Kind Regards
Perth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 February 2013

Working for Scottish and southern electric we work away from home a lot, and I must say that the Argyll hotel must be one of the best I have stayed in.
The staff are very friendly the food is great, it so good I will be coming back in the summer with my wife ++++++

• Stayed February 2013
surya d, General Manager at Argyll Hotel, responded to this review, 19 February 2013

Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 February 2013

Stayed in hotel for two nights B&B in Tower room it was a fab room.On arrival we were warmly greeted by general manager Surya Dev & continued to be attentive throughout our stay.Highly recommend food & Staff in Rio Restuarant adjoining hotel.|Only one note of disappointment is the Brewery Pub across road from hotel its late licence means a lot of noise at takeaway & taxi rank think midnight curfew would be better otherwise could not fault management,staff & breakfast.Have stayed in hotel 4 times now will always stay there & recommend it very central for everything. M.Edwards

Room Tip: Sea VIew Rooms quieter because of pub.
Dear Guest,

looking forward to welcome you back.

kind regards