“Hogmanay 2012/13”
Review of Argyll Hotel

Argyll Hotel
Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in Dunoon
Reviewed 3 January 2014

Just spent a very nice three night stay at this hotel and after reading the old reviews I think they must have been writing about another hotel. I found the staff very attentive and would go out of thier way to help you. The food was good and I did not have a bad meal the whole time I was there. I am looking forward to my next trip to Dunoon.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
surya d, General Manager at Argyll Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 January 2014

Dear Guest ,

Thank you so much for taking the time for leaving a review on Trip Advisor. I am delighted to hear that you have been satisfied with your stay. It means a lot that you have taken the time to share your views and I hope we will continue to welcome you in the future. I look forward to welcoming you back.

Dev Surya

Write a ReviewReviews (1,005)

Reviewed 2 January 2014

lovely hotel kind and helpful and friendly lovely warm clean bedroom n clean warm shower room loved the area nice n central my room was on the third floor but there was a lift choice of menu
plenty choice I think

Room Tip: did not use fitness or swimming facilities so cant comment was but thereis a liftfloo
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
surya d, General Manager at Argyll Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 January 2014

WE WISH A VERY HAPPY NEW YEAR 2014

Thank you very much for your feedback on our hotel through Trip advisor. We are happy to learn that your stay at our hotel was up to your expectations and that we were able to make your stay memorable by providing you the positive experience we endeavour to give to all our valued guests. We will make sure that your comments are shared to all the Staff. The positive ratings you gave us on Trip advisor are greatly appreciated and we hope we have the opportunity to be at your service again in the near future.

In the meantime if there is anything we can do to assist you please do not hesitate to contact us directly at 01369 702059 or please email me at dev.surya@sgehotels.com

Reviewed 27 December 2013

A very nice welcome by staff food excellent rooms that I was shown were lovely I had a single which was ok for me cleaned daily to a high standard in central location shame the locals decided to make quite a row at 2.30am on a couple of nights room was warm bathroom was excellent too

Room Tip: Room 105 on front nice view over the Clyde fantastic food dinner and breakfast
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Rob741435556
surya d, General Manager at Argyll Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 December 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your feedback on our hotel through Trip advisor. All feedback we receive is greatly appreciated and we endeavour to make everyone’s stay here with us as pleasurable as possible.

Looking forward to welcome you back .

Reviewed 27 December 2013

We were immediately made to feel very welcome and were hugely relieved when we were told they had a room for two nights as we had to make a hasty exit from another hotel in the area which was so poor we couldn't stay there. The lady on reception was so lovely and reassuring. She saved the day.We stayed in room 105, an ensuite double with two lovely Georgian windows with sea views. They had decaf coffee in the room which was something not every hotel supplies. The bathroom was warm and clean with big fluffy towels. The bed was comfortable. They had free wi fi that was easily accessible in the room. There was a flat screen Tv on the wall in the room. Breakfast was included. They had a continental buffet with fruit juices, cereals, fruit and yoghurt along with croissants and sweet pastries. There was also a cooked breakfast menu with a range of items including porridge, cooked breakfast (not the best in the world but satisfactory) and fish items. The porridge was lovely and creamy and perfectly cooked. There was a traditional restaurant, an Italian restaurant, and a wide range of food choices on the bar menu. I would recommend this hotel to anyone wanting to stay in Dunoon.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ann S
surya d, General Manager at Argyll Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 December 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for writing a very detailed review of our property and services. I am very glad that you view Argyll SGE family as a brand which is very consistent and always delivers.

I am also grateful to you for your candid feedback. A big thank you for your kind words regarding I made it a priority to share your feedback and let them know of the good service they had provided you

looking forward to welcome you back .

Reviewed 22 December 2013

Stayed on average three nights per week over a three month period in Dunoon whilst managing a building project. Initially I tried quite a few of the hotels in the area. The Argyll Hotel is by far the best and I always wanted to go back there. In particular, central location and character of the building appealed strongly to me. Staff very friendly and helpful. Nice clean rooms. Parking easy. Good restaurants only a few minutes walk. Would recommend. AG.

Room Tip: Clan Rooms with Sea View are Great.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank A G
surya d, General Manager at Argyll Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 December 2013

Reviewed 15 December 2013

We have just returned from a very enjoyable tribute weekend at the Argyll Hotel, Freddie Mercury on Friday night and Abba on Saturday night. Great value for the weekend, rooms were very clean and comfortable,food was good, staff extremely friendly and helpful they made us feel so welcome. The manager Dev is constantly about and full of fun, winding us up about where we was sitting for dinner. We had a good time and the entertainment was good fun, I would certainly recommend this hotel to others and will definitely return.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
surya d, General Manager at Argyll Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 December 2013

Reviewed 14 December 2013

Had a great time hotel fab fatastic service great hospitality rooms great but down side wee were on the street view very noisy in the early hours never stopped till 4am booked for febuary getting up graded hope it will be a sea view

Room Tip: sea view rooms quieter
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
surya d, General Manager at Argyll Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 December 2013

Dear Guest ,

Thank you so much for taking the time for leaving a review on Trip Advisor. I am delighted to hear that you have been satisfied with your stay. It means a lot that you have taken the time to share your views and I hope we will continue to welcome you in the future. and as you have mentioned about noise from streets we have taken you feedback , we are working on it .