“Murder Mystery Weekend” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in Dunoon
Fort William, United Kingdom
“Murder Mystery Weekend”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2014

Had a fantastic time, the staff were very friendly and helpful. The murder mystery was over 2 nights with entertainment at the end of each night, couldnt fault anything and the food was out of this world well done all involved

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
surya d, General Manager at Argyll Hotel, responded to this review, 18 August 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your feedback on our hotel through Trip advisor. We are happy to learn that your stay at our hotel was up to your expectations and that we were able to make your stay memorable by providing you the positive experience we endeavour to give to all our valued guests. We will make sure that your comments are shared to all the Staff. The positive ratings you gave us on Trip advisor are greatly appreciated and we hope we have the opportunity to be at your service again in the near future.

In the meantime if there is anything we can do to assist you please do not hesitate to contact us directly at 01369 702059 or please email me at dev.surya@sgehotels.com

Dev Surya

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (313)
Rotherham, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2014

We stayed at this hotel from the 11th August to the 15th as both my wife and I are disabled and unable to go up and down stairs. We where put on the second floor which was alright at first but on the second day the lift broke down , it was repaired or so we thought on the Thursday morning the lift broke down again I rang the reception and was put through to the emergency number a man came to see to it when he got me down to the ground floor the manager was there waiting in rather an angry mood in a raised voice asking who had rung him ,I said me to which he accused me of breaking the lift there was no apologies for the distress I and my wife had suffered with the lift being out on service. Also the bedbases was not clean likewise the cups at breakfast and dinner were not washed properly the waiting staff could not understand English they also fetched toast to our table with their bare hands not on a plate plus one of them had their thumb in the desert which was a plate of Eton mess, and the beds also squeaked and as my wife is a very light sleeper the squeak would wake her, we asked if they could rectify this they said not until the morning so my wife and I had to share a single bed and with neither of us being able to sleep on our sides I Will leave you to imagine the scene. We Will never use a Best Western Hotel again and we will never recommend them to anybody they don't care about disable only money .

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
      Rooms
5 Thank Terence B
surya d, General Manager at Argyll Hotel, responded to this review, 23 August 2014
Dear Guest,

We appreciate the time you took to write your detailed review here on Trip Advisor. We are truly sorry for all the issues you encountered during your stay with us. At your convenience, please email dev.surya@sgehotels.com so that our Guest Services staff can further discuss your stay. We hope that you will give us another chance so we can prove to you what we are truly capable of.

Best wishes

Dev surya
England
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2014

Visited here for a meal while staying in Dunoon, they had a coach party in when we arrived and was very busy but was very obliging....... they quickly found us a seat. The meals was all lovely and hot. The views are superb from when we sat. Would recommend!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
surya d, General Manager at Argyll Hotel, responded to this review, 11 August 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your feedback on our hotel through Trip advisor. We are happy to learn that your stay at our hotel was up to your expectations and that we were able to make your stay memorable by providing you the positive experience. We endeavour to give to all our valued guests’ excellent standards. We will make sure that your comments are shared to all the Staff. ratings you gave us on Trip advisor are greatly appreciated and we hope we have the opportunity to be at your service again in the near future.

Stevenston, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2014 via mobile

Booked on Friday night through the Classic Britain website, staying on Saturday night 9th August dinner bed and breakfast option. Asked for a sea view, which we got. The room and bathroom were both clean and tidy and check in was quick and easy, we were even offered a drink of lime cordial while waiting. We ate in the Italian restaurant for dinner, which was good, although the last time we stayed we were able to chose from the full menu, this time we were restricted to 3 starters, 3 mains and 3 sweets. Saying that we would probably have chosen what we had from the main menu. The staff in the restaurant were aware we were on the dinner, bed and breakfast package. When paying the bill this morning, we were charged for the dinner and drinks, when it should only have been the drinks. I pointed this out and the dinner was removed from the bill. This shouldn't happen and I don't know how it did. If I hadn't been aware of the what we should have been paying, we might have been overcharged and not been aware. The receptionist did remove it without any fuss and I did offer to show him the booking on my iPad. I have given it 4 stars, but would have been 5 if not for this error. Breakfast was excellent and cooked to order.

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Smudger01
Dear Guest,

I would like to take this opportunity thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback on Trip Advisor and also to offer you my sincere apologies regarding the issues you have experienced at our hotel.
I would like to reassure you that feedback of this kind is very rare and ensure that you or any of our other guests do not experience such service.
Our aim is to ensure that all of our guests come and have an outstanding holiday

Looking forward to welcome you back .

Scotland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2014

After some confusion about disabled facilities at a sister hotel we were accommodated here in July 2014. The manager and staff went out of their way to ensure the best possible stay for my parents and self.
They were so friendly and helpful and my parents thoroughly enjoyed their short break. The bedrooms (which had a super view) and public areas of the hotel are immaculately clean and tidy. I can also recommend dining in their Italian style bistro, the food was excellent and we could dine there as part of our DBB deal. Thank you so much for making lovely memories for my family.

Room Tip: Sea views are great
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
      Cleanliness

Greenock, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014

We stayed for 1 night and the check in was speedy the lift up to our room was to say the least slow. So we walked up the stairs. I asked if I would get a discount on the meal in the Rio restaurant and was told yes. But then I was told unless I had my card with me and not just the number then I wouldn't get the discount. I booked the overnight stay as a reward stay through best western as well. This was disappointing. apart from that the stay was good. The rooms are slightly in need of modernization but they were ok. The location is great very central to Dunoon. We would stay here again.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
Review collected in partnership with Best Western GB

surya d, General Manager at Argyll Hotel, responded to this review, 9 August 2014
Dear Guest ,

Thank you for the review. We appreciate your comments. Sorry that we fell below your expectations. We do strive to be the best in the area. We wish you the best.

Saltcoats, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2014

We stayed for 4 nights at the Argyll Hotel. The view from our room over the Firth of Clyde was stunning. The room itself was immaculate and spotlessly clean. The staff were all very friendly and welcoming with nothing too much trouble for them. The hotel is centrally situated in Dunoon and a good base for exploring the surrounding area. We will definitely return to this hotel in the future.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank J-C-Abercrombie
surya d, General Manager at Argyll Hotel, responded to this review, 5 August 2014