“Hotel's First Organised Tour experience”
Review of Argyll Hotel

Argyll Hotel
Ranked #2 of 11 Hotels in Dunoon
Dunoon, United Kingdom
“Hotel's First Organised Tour experience”
Reviewed 17 December 2010

The tour experience to this hotel was a first both for ourselves and the hotel. The arranged Day excursions were unfortunately overtaken by the weather - but our
driver and the hotel staff went out of their way to provide both alternative trips and
arranged in house entertainment to compensate. I can only say "well done".
The staff were always pleasant and helpfull - the food was good and both my wife and I enjoyed the holiday.
As far as the Tour Itinary was concerned the only adverse comment we would make was the lengthy diversion on the journey to and from Dunoon to pick up other clients - but the driver's attitude and attention certainly went some way to alleviate the stress of the journey. I would certainly recommend the experience.

• Stayed November 2010
LauraChristie, Public Relations Manager at Argyll Hotel, responded to this review, 7 January 2011
Dear Guest,
Thank you so much for taking the time to tell us of your experience at the hotel.
I am delighted to hear that you have had an enjoyable holiday and that we made your first coach holiday memorable. The weather was somewhat testing, however I am glad our efforts paid off with the in house entertainment. We did have such good fun hosting it!
We do hope that your Turkey & Tinsel tour has encouraged you to return to indulge in a little more of the west coast welcome with SGE Hotels!
Laura

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (317)
Edinburgh
Reviewed 15 December 2010

After receiving info on thier christmas breaks and party nights (previous guests) we booked in with a group of friends from edinburgh for a company night out. We attended a Tribute night and it was amazing. The act, Robbie Williams was brilliant and our package was really good value. It was so good we have booked the Jan 2011 Murder Mystery for my partners bithday. Staff have been wonderful on both visits and really are a credit to the hotel. well done and see you next year!

• Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest
Thank you for your very valued feedback.
It is nice to see that you are a repeat guest and that you have been satisfied on your return visit.
Repeat custom is very important to us and shows that we can deliver consistently high standards.
I do hope you are able to return in the New Year.
Regards
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 30 November 2010

The hotel is only about 100 meters from the Ferry.
Staff are freindly and caring.
Food was good.
Room was warm and extremely comfortable.
Price was very reasonable.
Free internet access meant i could work in the bar, room, lobby, in fact just about everywhere.
The breakfast!! well what better way to take breakfast , in a beautiful wood paneled room overlooking the Clyde, great view.

Definately recommend this hotel.. Thanks to all of the staff too!!!

• Stayed November 2010, travelled on business
Dear Guest,
Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a review.
Your feedback is very important to us and others looking to stay with us.
I am delighted to hear that you have enjoyed your stay and I do hope that you will be back with us again one day soon.
Regards
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 November 2010

I got this trip from my hubby as a present and had a very good time. We had a room in the tower and the views were incredible. The room was very nice and romantic and spot on clean. We had dinner in the hotel, they have nice and traditional food. Next day we had dinner in the attached restaurant Rio with excellent tapas, pizza and wine. The staff was very friendly and professional and we had literally no waiting time after ordering. The town is lovely and the whole weekend was very romantic. Thank you for making this a special weekend. I would definetly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
LauraChristie, Public Relations Manager at Argyll Hotel, responded to this review, 29 November 2010
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay as the Argyll Hotel.
I am delighted to hear that you had such an enjoyable time!
We would be delighted to welcome you back soon. We have a host of romantic breaks lined up for 2011, in fact we have a wonderful Michael Buble tribute wowing us for a romantic valentines break... well worth a visit!
We look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Kindest regards
Campbeltown, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 October 2010

My parents hubby and I attended a haunted, murder mystery weekend in this hotel. The rooms are spaciouse and well decorated with modern furniture, the bed was huge, still plenty room to walk about. On top of this the food was so great served hot and very appetising the staff were very attentive and so obliging, everything was just perfect I wouldnt hesitate to recomend this hotel and will be back again.
The murder mystery was great fun it was very well planned out and the Hotel a perfect backdrop for it. We will be going to another themed weekend hosted by Walkabout Theatre Co......

• Stayed October 2010, travelled with friends
Dear Guest,
Thank you so much for your feedback regarding the recent Murder Mystery event you attended.
I am delighted that we exceeded your expectations of your stay and we would love to see you back at one of our other events. We now have our full 2011 schedule ready for our Murder Mystery and Tribute Weekends which we are sure will not disappoint!
We look forward to welcoming you back in the New Year!
Dunoon
Reviewed 13 October 2010

I have stayed previously with my husband but this time i took my whole family we were not disappointed. We were a large family of all ages and I have to say our holiday was lovely with the great help of the staff. My elderly mother had a lovely sea view double room with disabled facilities and with lift access to all floors making it so much more managable for us to get her to the room. The staff managed to acommodate the whole family (12 ppl) on the same floor which was handy for me to keep an eye on the kids and my mother. Breakfast, was fast efficient with friendly staff, a great selection of food on offer satisfying the youngsters with the continental breakfast and a hearty full cooked Scottish breakfast that my husband really enjoyed.

The bedrooms were very clean, spacious and very tidy, serviced daily with lovely towel displays each night, fresh towels each day which i appreciate very much. The rooms have been recently decorated, tastefully done and a great asset to the hotel. Just had a slight problem with the room card, which the receptionist sorted out asap. Also the bedrooms dont have irons within the room but when requested the night boy sent us one within 10 mins.

The hotel has two restuarants, one was called Rio italian and Spanish tapas bar, where the young members of the family mostly ate. I would highly recommend the Argyll Steakpie, deliciously cooked and i sent my compliaments to the chef.

The hotel is situated in the heart of town centre of Dunoon. The only downside is there is no carparking, only the street parking and pier car park, where a lot of youngsters hang about. Despite all the other reviews i've read, just spurred me on to write this review. My family and I really enjoyed our stay at this hotel, the staff were very friendly, professional and welcoming. Any problems we had they were there at first hand to help.

Great value for money, we got a group discount and yes my family are coming back for the New years package. So well done

See you soon love the MacDonald's

• Stayed October 2010, travelled with family
Dear Guest,
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review on your recent visit to the Argyll Hotel.
It was a pleasure having your family stay with us and I am delighted that everything was to your satisfaction.
We look forward to welcoming the family back for the New Year celebrations which I am sure you will all enjoy very much!
Larkhall, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 September 2010

I stayed for on night in September, as I was working in Dunoon.
My only complaint was rooms were not made up n time of arrival, but this was dealt with speedily and efficiently.
Staff were very helpful and friendly.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled on business
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback on your recent visit to the Argyll Hotel.
I must apologise for the room not being ready on arrival, and I appreciate that you were so understanding. I am delighted that it did not affect the quality of your visit and that everything we to your satisfaction.
I do hope that you will return in the future.