My girlfriend and I stayed here for 5 nights last week. It was my first trip to Scotland and we picked this hotel due to its location and convenient distance to places like Loch Lomond.
The hotel itself is about 100 yards from the Dunnon ferry dock which is very convenient after a long drive like ours (from Suffolk!). In terms of its proximity to Dunnon town centre, it's probably a good 30 minute walk along the coastline which is very pretty.
Although the hotel is certainly not luxury, the things you want from a short stay are all present and correct:
- friendly and knowledgeable staff
- good breakfast
- powerful and warm showers
- clean and tidy rooms
- comfy bed
The interior could do with a little upgrading but this didn't really bother us as the place had character. The only (minor) complaints we might have are:
- no restaurant
- the distance to the town centre
- the weird TV menu(!)
Otherwise, we were very satisfied with our stay and particular thanks to Stephen & Maria for their hospitality!
In terms of eating, Ghillies (next door) is pretty decent and further afield... definitely try Creggans Inn (30 mins drive) and the Coylet Inn (20 mins drive). Fyne Ales are also delicious and the brewery is about 35 mins away.
Will be returning if we head back to Scotland in the future.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Relax, unwind and marvel at our spectacular views over the Firth of Clyde, Holy Loch, Loch Long and hills beyond. Set in an acre of mature gardens, this beautiful Victorian villa offers luxurious, spacious, individually styled bedrooms. The warmest of welcomes, with the friendly attentive service of the French owner and his local staff ensure a delightful stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, Hotel.de and Evoline ltd so you can book your Hunters Quay Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hunters Quay Dunoon
- Hotel Hunters Quay
- Hunters Quay Hotel Dunoon, Argyll And Bute