The Cedars Guest House
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Dunoon
See available hotels
Argyll Hotel(Dunoon)
  • Restaurant
The Osborne(Dunoon)
Abbot's Brae(Dunoon)
View Hotel
All reviewsjackie and rayb bplace to staybreakfast was deliciouslovely guesthousehome from homea hot water bottlestornoway black puddingbay windowhelpful hostsperfect hostsfirth of clydeone nightroom was spotlessyogurta lovely stayvisiting dunoon
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 30 March 2014

If you want a warm welcome, fastidious cleanliness, where absolutely nothing is too much trouble, together with an excellent breakfast then look no further.
We had an excellent visit, beautiful views over the Clyde from room 2.
The owners even offered to give us a lift to the restaurant we were going to in the evening!
Highly recommended.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 59mpa
Reviewed 7 March 2014

I can only say that in the time I stayed here everything was outstanding, I felt as though I was in a home with family, the owners are a wonderful couple and I will be back next year with my wife, would not stay anywhere else in Dunoon. I highly recommend The Cedars.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank paul m
Reviewed 11 February 2014

Wonderful stay in a beautifully clean, warm and welcoming home. We will definitely be returning again very soon!
The owners are very kind and friendly and the service was second to none! Delicious breakfast to top off a lovely stay.

• Stayed: January 2014
1  Thank PCPSR
Reviewed 31 January 2014

I live in the States and travel to Dunoon, Scotland annually to visit family and friends. I CANNOT speak highly enough about The Cedars! Raymond & Jackie Hobbs are truly amazing owners. As soon as you walk in you feel at home. Raymond took my bags up to my room and made sure I had everything that I needed. Naturally, the time change messed up my sleeping schedule so I was not able to get up until 10:30/ 11:00 the first couple of mornings. Even if I told Raymond breakfast at 9 and accidentally slept in, he always made me breakfast no matter what time it was.
When you walk into the dining area, they have a table set up with freshly cut fruit and yogurt laid out with orange juice. He would come out and ask me if I wanted tea or coffee, and in no time I would be sipping on a hot, fresh cup of tea while I enjoyed the majestic view of the clyde. He made sure to get exactly what I wanted to eat each morning: scrambled eggs, sausage links, sausage square, black pudding, and bacon (A true scottish meal!) Some of the best cooking I've ever had by the way. For a week, I started my day off full and content. After a day of seeing friends and family I would always come back to a clean and warm room.
Not only is the hospitality outstanding, but Raymond and Jackie are such beautiful people. One night my mum and I sat with them and talked over a glass of wine. They are extremely friendly and welcoming. They made me feel like The Cedars was my home away from home. They go above and beyond to give you the best experience.

HIGHLY RECOMMEND. If you are looking for a quaint, cozy place to stay with a 5 star experience, The Cedars will not disappoint.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Lyndsey M
Reviewed 1 December 2013

Stayed overnight at this guesthouse and would highly recommend it spotless with great view .Proprietors go out of their way to help you they even drove us to the event we were over for breakfast was excellent and they make you feel so relaxed and welcome could only say its def. a place to recommend I know we will be back.

Room Tip: We had room 7 excellent view across the Clyde.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family