“Good food, average service”
Review of Chatters Restaurant - CLOSED

Chatters Restaurant
Price range: US$24 - US$55
Cuisines: French, Scottish
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
“Good food, average service”
Reviewed 11 June 2014 via mobile

Enjoyed a tasty dinner of scallops to share as a starter followed by beef stroganoff and guinea fowl. Their practice of seating diners before dinner in a lounge is fine but we were asked to take coffee in the lounge away from any atmosphere after dinner. Apart from one coffee top up, we were forgotten about and staff were not anywhere to be seen when we left. It was as if post-dinner,staff thought we could just be deserted- and this in a restaurant with only 4 other diners. Very poor. Won't be back

Visited June 2014

Sevenoaks, Kent
“Probably the best restaurant in Dunoon”
Reviewed 7 June 2014

We liked the food and eating here was an enjoyable experience. There were 15 of us and we all thought it was the best meal we had in Dunoon and the staff were really welcoming

• Visited April 2014
“A must visit”
Reviewed 6 June 2014 via mobile

From arrival to leaving we were really impressed. We were greeted at the door and given menus and drinks while we had a comfy seat. We were lucky enough to be there on a night with some live music which was gentle enough to suit the atmosphere of the restaurant. I had the vegetable strudel and then the venison which was cooked to perfection. The sweet trolley was the icing on the cake or so we thought until the complementary fudge and chocs arrived, heaven. Very polite staff and a lovely place. Very impressed we managed to squeeze through the door at the end of the night.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank bentinc
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Birthday celebration”
Reviewed 21 May 2014

Myself and 7 friends had dinner here on Saturday 17th May 2014 to celebrate 3 birthdays and from the time we arrived until the time we left the service we received was excellent.

The food was lovely and this and the overall ambience made it a memorable evening. ☺

• Visited May 2014
2 Thank MeganandGeraldo
London
“Little Gem”
Reviewed 19 May 2014 via mobile

We managed to book an early table at short notice. The service was warm and friendly. There was a lovely atmosphere. The food was on the whole good although I had some minor issues. Soufflé and mussels to start, delicious. My husband's fillet of beef was to die for. My venison was lovely but I found the sauce too sweet. My daughter's lasagne was a bit dry, although it looked great and she polished it off. The veg portions were small and a bit over cooked, but not unpleasant.

It's the first time in years I've seen a desert trolley which had a great selection. I'm still reliving my Pavlova.

I eat out a lot and I'm quite a tough judge. There were a couple of minor issues but I'd defiantly recommend and would go back!