This hotel is located in Dunkeld, just off the A9. It is less than an hour's drive from Edinburgh. The hotel grounds are large and impressive. The walk into town takes about 15 minutes walking along the banks of the Tay and past the Cathedral - simply stunning walk. The front lawn of the hotel runs down towards the river and is a great place to sit and enjoy a drink,
We had a standard room which was absolutely fine. In the more modern extension it had a comfortable bed, a sofa and the usual facilities. We had dinner and breakfast and enjoyed both meals. The restaurant is quite large but it was busy and there was a good atmosphere and the service was very attentive.
We thoroughly enjoyed our stay and found it very relaxing and wished we had stayed longer. The only slight downside is that some of the furniture in the public areas and aspects of the pool area was a bit tired - a mini refurb would work wonders.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Dunkeld House is set in its own secluded 280-acre woodland estate, on the banks of the River Tay in the beautiful Perthshire countryside. There lots to do both within the resort and the local area, making this a memorable getaway whether you are visiting for business or pleasure. The newly refurbished hotel has 98 guest rooms, Health Club with 17m indoor pool and spa. On the Estate, try your hand at clay pigeon shooting, quadbking or just enjoy one of the many tranquil woodland walks. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Hotels.com, LateRooms, HotelsClick and HotelQuickly so you can book your Dunkeld House Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Dunkeld Perthshire Hotel Dunkeld
- Hilton Dunkeld Hotel
- Dunkeld House Hotel Scotland