Beaufort Hotel - Chepstow
US$100
US$93
US$64
  • Bar/Lounge
Coach and Horses Inn(Chepstow)(Great Value!)
US$132
US$114
Two Rivers(Chepstow)(Great Value!)
US$73
Travelocity
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsbar managercentral locationhigh streetfriendly hotelgreat weekendwye valleysaturday nightcraigcastleracesfipintpubscharactervenue
Reviewed 23 April 2014

My wife and I recently stayed at this hotel. We were extremely satisfied with the service, the staff were all very friendly, and for those who are commenting, on the decor of the premises, please remember it is an extremely old building! The food was excellent, and I felt guilty at not being able to eat all of the ribeye steak (Please forgive me Chef). All in all an enjoyable experience. Thanks to all at the Beaufort.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Riverside418, Manager at Beaufort Hotel - Chepstow, responded to this reviewResponded 13 May 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind comments and I'm thrilled to hear you had a memorable experience staying with us and our chef is thrilled to hear you enjoyed your meal even if you couldn't finish it (he has forgiven you don't worry).

I look forward to welcoming you back to stay with us again soon.

Reviewed 8 April 2014

The Hotel is pretty well situated for the town, being in the centre. Its similar to the George at the other end of the High Street but is usually more expensive. There is limited parking on a very steep entrance round the back, but there is a paid car park a short walk away. Both difficult in the summer months as Chepstow is very busy then. A bit tired and dated in the main rooms the bar and the bedrooms. Updated a in the dining room they claim to be very good for food.. Breakfast in the dining room was packed when I was there and the service was poor with 2 young ladies only. I was constantly asking for things and they looked pretty harassed. I cant recommend the food but it was adequate. Good access to the Lime Tree and Shangri La restaurants a few yards away and both have good food. At the right price OK for business; there is not a high standard in the town so if you want the town centre as the base then passable. Leave before 7.30 as the traffic queue out of town gets bad from then on until +9-00.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Man_o_Kent
Riverside418, Manager at Beaufort Hotel - Chepstow, responded to this reviewResponded 12 May 2014

I am slightly confused with the comments on by this guest.

Firstly they compare our hotel to the George which is actually a public house with a few guest rooms above and that reflects on the prices that they charge.
We on the other hand are a fully functioning town centre hotel and our prices are deemed very reasonable as past comments have confirmed.

As for car parking we have 13 car parking spaces and we operate on a first come first served basis. There are plenty of other alternatives available for example opposite our car park there is one that allows for 150 cars and is free after 5pm until 9am. Also a 3 minute walk away there is another that allows for 300 cars. Both these car parks are also free from 5pm Saturday until 9am Monday.

I cannot seem to comprehend the comments about our breakfast as apparently this guest would much prefer a quiet dining room in which to eat their breakfast! Where as any successful business would much prefer a full dining room. Our staff are well trained and manage the dining room to the highest standard.

This guest also goes on to say that they cannot recommend our food and suggests other restaurants, which considering they didn't dine with us in the evening makes those comments inappropriate. Our restaurant is highly recommended by locals and customers alike as previous comments show.

The comments about traffic has no bearing on our hotel and I see no reason why this should be mentioned.

Reviewed 26 March 2014

Such a lovely hotel. It is in a lovely position of the city centre shops and the nearby castle of Chepstow. Lovely staff very friendly and helpful. The bedroom was lovely , tea and coffee, biscuits and even mints in the room. I have travelled to various areas in the U.K in different hotels and chains and this has to be right up there with high star quality. I will be returning again.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Riverside418, Manager at Beaufort Hotel - Chepstow, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2014

Dear Guest,

I am delighted to hear that you had a memorable experience with us. We pride ourselves on delivering excellent service and value for money and your kind words are very much appreciated.

Myself and all the staff here would be delighted to welcome you back to stay with us again soon.

The Beaufort Hotel

Reviewed 20 March 2014

The hotel has a really good position in the centre of Chepstow.
The staff are friendly and helpful. Breakfast was well-cooked and the room was very clean and comfortable.
TV failed to work in first room we were given, but the problem was immediately resolved
and we were given an even nicer room.
An excellent base from which to explore

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank S_DevonTraveller

Dear Guest,

I am happy to hear that you had a lovely stay with us, and that you felt well looked after by our staff. I will be sure to pass on your compliments to our breakfast chef and our chambermaids.

I look forward to welcoming you back to stay with us in the not so distant future.

Reviewed 20 January 2014

I recently stayed at the Beaufort Hotel with my partner as we were attending a function there that evening.
After booking in on a freezing cold day at 3pm we entered our room only to find out that it was freezing cold. After questioning the receptionist about the heating that didnt work, we were told that it doesnt get turned on until 6 pm. So we had to keep our coats on until the room finally warmed up at 7 pm.
The room was now warm so it was time to take a shower and get ready for our function only to find that the shower was cold! After running the water for a good ten minutes the water was barely luke warm which was not a very nice experience :-( .
When we complained to the receptionist we were told that all of the showers were the same and we were advised to turn the dial onto the hottest setting and run the water, which is what I already did and it was still barely warm.
We tried the shower again in the morning. running the water even longer but that didnt work either.
The room itself was quite nice and cosy and Im sure that we would have enjoyed our stay if the room was warm from the time that we arrived and the shower was hot.
In all we were dissapointed with the hotel and think it was definately not worth paying £70 for.
If this was the Premier Inn then we would have got our money back.
Two unhappy customers

Room Tip: Arrive after 6.pm for a warm room and be prepared for a cold shower
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Amanda C
mcvc, Manager at Beaufort Hotel - Chepstow, responded to this reviewResponded 22 January 2014

Dear Guest,

I am disappointed to hear that you didn't have the experience with us that we aim to deliver to all our guests.

In regards to your issue with the heating, I can only apologise that you were given a unsatisfactory response by a member of our staff. I can assure you the proper protocol should have been that a member of our dedicated team endeavored to sort this issue out straight away. We do not expect any of our guests to sit in a cold room.

I am surprised to hear that you felt our showers were cold as this is not something we hear very often. Granted it does take a little longer for the hot water to reach some of the rooms at the top of the hotel but I can assure you that all our showers are hot once the correct amount of pressure has reached them. This might mean a minute or two of running them before they get to the correct temperature.

If I had been made aware of this situation I would have personally looked at your shower and sorted this out for you.

I can assure you that all your comments will be looked at and that if you were to stay with us again you would be totally satisfied.