All reviews free car parking bar manager high street booked this hotel bit dated stayed for one night tea and coffee comfy bed wye valley castle fi pint character venue
Reviewed 4 February 2019

We stayed for one night at this beautiful historic and atmospheric 17th century coaching inn with our dog. Our room was lovely: comfortable and quiet, with cotton sheets and a nice en suite. The staff were a delight, and they were comfortable too. We both had a full English breakfast, which was easily one of the best we have ever had, with freshly cooked, locally sourced quality ingredients, beautifully presented. Cosmic.

Room tip: Unless you have a dog or require ground floor access due to mobility needs, choose a room in the old building.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Michael C, Owner at Beaufort Hotel - Chepstow, responded to this reviewResponded 5 February 2019

Dear Helen P,
What a kind review! I’m so glad that you enjoyed your stay. I agree with everything you say, but of course I would wouldn’t I!
Thank you so much.

Reviewed 3 February 2019 via mobile

Hotel was fab. Staff amazing. Nothing to much one problem resolved straight away. Lovely place as a family and will be returning in the future. Don't believe every review on here I will tell you it is a lovely hotel

Date of stay: February 2019
Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear Hannah Spires 1984, what a warm and gratifying review! Can you believe that yours is the second 5star !review on the same day?
It’s very gratifying for us at the Beaufort, especially the staff to have their efforts recognised in this way
Our kindest regards

Reviewed 27 January 2019

My wife and I stayed for one night mid January 2019. Check in was very quick carried out by very helpful staff. We had a twin room at the front of the hotel, the room was comfortable, but dated. I was a liitle concerned that the quilts barely fitted the beds, there was no overhang at all! Every time i moved, different parts of my body became uncovered, this led to a disturbed nights sleep. My sleep was also interrupted by some very noisy guests discussing the location of room 9.
All this aside, this is a budget hotel, staffed by some really lovely, helpful staff.
A real bonus is the off street parking and its town centre location.

Room tip: If you are infirm, ask for a ground fllor room, there is no lift. The stairs are steep and narrow.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank TAMEMBER101108
Riverside418, Owner at Beaufort Hotel - Chepstow, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear Sir

Thank you for your review. I'm sorry that you found the duvet on your bed on the small side,all our single beds have standard sized duvets,but i will check with the chambermaids re your room However I'm pleased to hear that you were pleased with the service and the hotel location.

Reviewed 22 January 2019

Great hotel with very good bar . Service excellent and rooms comfortable. I had a great nights sleep and the hotel was very quiet, although this had a lot to do with the fact i was the only guest on the night i stayed, never the less, the manager asked if i wanted breakfast as he would get staff in especially, luckily I was leaving very early and didnt need breakfast, but it was good to see that i could be accommodated. The hotel position is very good and right in the centre of the town, great bars and restaurants nearby and on site secure parking. Would recommend and would definately come back

Room tip: Rooms to the town side are best
  • Trip type: Travelled on business

Dear Lobsterman!

Many thanks for your kind review,we are so glad you enjoyed your stay with us.It can get a bit quiet prior to Christmas , but we are glad you were happy with our service levels.

Reviewed 6 January 2019 via mobile

I ate here during the week and had the roast of the day and it was awful! The veg was blatantly microwaved, the meat was tough and the gravy was runny, poor poor meal. I will not be visiting the Beaufort again and I’d highly advise anyone else not too!

Date of stay: January 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Conrad N

Dear Conrad N

I'm sorry that you didn't enjoy your roast of the day. It is one of our most popular offers and usually attracts a lot of praise. However I accept that we cant please everyone, but to describe it as "Meal of Horror" seems rather excessive don't you think?

Proprietor