Stayed here for one night and ate dinner in the Zest restaurant. The hotel is situated away from main town and you would need a car or use a taxi service to get there. Set on golf course and had a leisure centre next door.
My room was on lower floor of main hotel although you have to go outside to get to rooms, no offer of help with luggage and there was quite a few steps and stairs. The corridor smelt of damp which was not particularly nice. My room did not smell and was usual Marriott style and had everything i needed, lots of power sockets and lovely comfy bed.
Wifi not available and where it was it was chargeable extra, phone signal was not good so wifi should have been free.
Ate dinner in the Zest restaurant and it was mediocre, the service was very slow and first course took 45 minutes to be served, no apology or bread served whilst I was waiting. The dessert choices were limited and not very inspiring. The drinks were very expensive as was the food however if food served well and good quality then it would have been worth the price. Drinks well, just profit for hotel as they have a captive audience. The trophy bar and Zest restaurant had different styles but nice ambiance.
Decided to have breakfast in my room and again mediocre, served late and toast was just hot bread, it was £14.95 plus £3.00 tray charge so not cheap.
There is lots of car parking but not immediately outside hotel door so expect a short walk in all weathers.
So really depends what you need for a hotel, is it connected to a golf day and use of leisure facilities then you will be pleased and not worry about food etc. If you just doing overnight on business then maybe eat somewhere else and get a breakfast to go. If you are on a budget then look for a deal otherwise it will be pricey. If you want to visit places in the local area then maybe stay in Chepstow town centre and enjoy the river. Do your research before you go here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With breathtaking views, 400 acres of picturesque parkland and a stunning 14th century manor, St. Pierre Marriott Hotel & Country Club is an idyllic retreat. Our resort, set in the rolling hills of South Wales, features the perfect blend of ancient architecture and modern amenities. Our elegant rooms offer luxury bedding, dedicated work space and 24-hour room service. A dream-like getaway for the body and soul, St. Pierre Marriott Hotel & Country Club offers a fitness club, tennis courts and outdoor activities set within the rolling Welsh countryside. Enjoy the summer days overlooking our ornamental lake or while away a winter's evening resting by spectacular log fires. When ready to dine, choose from the oak-paneled, traditional Morgans Restaurant or the contemporary Zest Bar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Superbreak UK, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your St. Pierre Marriott Hotel & Country Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marriott St. Pierre Hotel And Country Club
- Marriott Chepstow
- Chepstow Marriott
- St. Pierre Marriott Hotel & Country Club Chepstow, Wales