The old 14th century manor that stands in the centre of the resort looks fairly attractive from the outside but unfortunately that is where it ends. The addition of various buildings from the 1980s makes the whole place look like a badly designed cheap caravan park. Our King Room in one of the newer wings was small and dark with very low ceilings and a desperately tiny bathroom. It is very dated and is in bad need of refurbishment. When we arrived, the drive signposted "reception and check-in" was coned off (because of a wedding we later found out) but there was no sign informing arriving guest of what to do. In the end we had to park in the golf club carpark and try to locate the reception area on foot. Staff training is poor. Attempting to order coffee in the lobby was shambolic as a confused young lady had no idea where to get it from and implied that we had to pay cash as we may not have sufficient credit with reception to cover the £3.30 charge. Dinner in the Morgan's Restaurant was good though and breakfast had a reasonably good selection of both hot and cold items. Golf might be good here but the hotel is nowhere near the four star it claims to be.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With breathtaking views, 400 acres of picturesque parkland and a stunning 14th century manor, St. Pierre Marriott Hotel & Country Club is an idyllic retreat. Our resort, set in the rolling hills of South Wales, features the perfect blend of ancient architecture and modern amenities. Our elegant rooms offer luxury bedding, dedicated work space and 24-hour room service. A dream-like getaway for the body and soul, St. Pierre Marriott Hotel & Country Club offers a fitness club, tennis courts and outdoor activities set within the rolling Welsh countryside. Enjoy the summer days overlooking our ornamental lake or while away a winter's evening resting by spectacular log fires. When ready to dine, choose from the oak-paneled, traditional Morgans Restaurant or the contemporary Zest Bar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Superbreak UK, Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your St. Pierre Marriott Hotel & Country Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marriott St. Pierre Hotel And Country Club
- Marriott Chepstow
- Chepstow Marriott
- St. Pierre Marriott Hotel & Country Club Chepstow, Wales