We stayed for one night on a mini trip to wales, as I had never been to Chepsow and I wanted to see the roman excavations at Caerleon and caerwent.
The hotel is great, as you would expect from a Marriott.
We stay at Marriott because we love the beds. A good nights sleep is almost guaranteed. We were given a room in the lakeside village, which surprisingly has no air conditioning of fan in the bathroom. Consequently if you have a shower the windows in the bedroom steam up and the room smells slightly damp. We noticed this on arrival but opening all the windows and the front door soon made the room fresh.
If you need a dark room to sleep soundly bring a bit of scotch tape and cardboard! The light coming through the glass in the front door is annoying. It took a long time to get to sleep as it was so light in the room.
We had lunch and dinner in Zest. We just wanted a light lunch to get to Chepstow castle and to look around the town. The service was very pleasant and the local lady that served us could not have been more helpful.
Coming back from Chepstow I had a quick dip in the pool and sampled the sauna and steam rooms. very refreshing and not overcrowded. The Gym was busy.
In the evening we were tired and wanted a quick bite before going to bed so we were back in Zest.
Prices are not the cheapest but you are in a very upmarket location.
Breakfast was buffet style and there was plenty of choice to satisfy every taste.
One thing I did notice was that most of the customer facing staff were not local. Perhaps it was just in the restaurants and the reception but it is noticeable. All the staff regarding of their nationality are pleasant and knowledgeable.
The receptionist on check out suggested we visit Caldicot Castle a few miles south, on our way to Caerleon. It was a lovely experience. Entry is free, the castle is interesting and they have a nice cafe.
I am not a golfer, but I will be back at the St Pierre for a longer break and to explore the area further.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With breathtaking views, 400 acres of picturesque parkland and a stunning 14th century manor, St. Pierre Marriott Hotel & Country Club is an idyllic retreat. Our resort, set in the rolling hills of South Wales, features the perfect blend of ancient architecture and modern amenities. Our elegant rooms offer luxury bedding, dedicated work space and 24-hour room service. A dream-like getaway for the body and soul, St. Pierre Marriott Hotel & Country Club offers a fitness club, tennis courts and outdoor activities set within the rolling Welsh countryside. Enjoy the summer days overlooking our ornamental lake or while away a winter's evening resting by spectacular log fires. When ready to dine, choose from the oak-paneled, traditional Morgans Restaurant or the contemporary Zest Bar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Odigeo, Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Superbreak UK, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your St. Pierre Marriott Hotel & Country Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marriott St. Pierre Hotel And Country Club
- Marriott Chepstow
- Chepstow Marriott
- St. Pierre Marriott Hotel & Country Club Chepstow, Wales