St. Pierre Marriott Hotel & Country Club
US$55
Travelodge
US$142
US$126
Thornbury Castle and Tudor Gardens(Thornbury)(Great Value!)
US$425
US$46
Travelocity
Swan Hotel(Almondsbury)
US$133
PremierInn.com
1,374 results
All reviewsgolf coursezest restaurantlakeside villagemain buildingbeautiful hotelleisure facilitiestrophy barplay golfsteam roompro shopmanor housejunior suitedriving rangeround of golfcentury manorgolf breakbeautiful grounds
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 16 August 2014

Room was a nightmare. No AC, hardest bed ever, and the rooms are really outdated. Restaurants are reserved by non-guests of the hotel. There were weddings everyday of our stay, which meant loud music and noisy guests.

Room Tip: Eat or play a round of golf. Do not try to sleep here.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank April C
MarriottStPierre, Executive Office at St. Pierre Marriott Hotel & Country Club, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2014

We are very sorry to learn of your disappointing stay and that you found the hotel to be too noisy. We do hope to welcome you back again to enable us to restore your faith for your next quiet retreat.

Reviewed 15 August 2014 via mobile

We stayed for a friends wedding and thought the rooms look great and are of a good size. The best are comfy and the shower was good. The tv was easy to use.

The only down side was that there isn't any AC and the window didn't open much. There are fans in the rooms but it didn't seem to have much effect on the heat of the room.

Breakfast is a buffet style and was ok, nothing special.

The hotel is in a beautiful setting and the staff were friendly but it was missing a spark for me. I thought it would be better for the price of the room.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank rhibar
Reviewed 14 August 2014

mariott country club as the name says, its huge, guess in 400acres of plush greenery and heaven for golfers...

property is very cozy but really old, in terms of maybe renovation of rooms needed...rooms are spread all over the area, so necessarily not that one gets 2 rooms together. like i stayed here with 2 other friends of myne, so we took 2 rooms...my room was in one corner of the property and my friends room on another...so being together but yet not...make sure you tell the hotel to give rooms together else its difficult to chill if your with friends or family...

well the room service and the food options and taste is horrible...specially room service don't order...better to buy food from outside and bring to hotel like kfc/subway/mcdonalds etc etc...

starbucks there in the hotel which is one of the best USP's the hotel has...

intact the bathrooms are descent sized but has a tub for bathing...its better if a hotel has a shower cubical than having a tub...tub is so inconvenient to bathe..

rest all was well in the hotel in terms of hospitality which was descent/nice, beautiful exteriors etc etc...

Room Tip: if your travelling with friends/family and booked more than one room, tell them prior to give rooms together else they could be way apart from each other and one either has to walk alotttttt or go via car....
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 12 August 2014 via mobile

Booked my partner and I into the hotel around 10 days before we arrived. I was playing golf the following day so wanted to treat her to a Spa day the day before. Booked our room and was then informed the treatments were all booked up and nothing was available (On a Monday). Asked about availability for the next day and was informed again that there was no availability for treatments. My partner and I agreed that we would still spend the day in the Spa and make the most of the booking.

On arrival at the hotel we were taken aback by the natural beauty of the place and the interior decor was very good. The receptionist was incredibly polite and helpful and we were able to check into our room early. Very pleased. The room itself was decent but it's not what I would expect of a Marriott hotel. There was nothing more to it than you would get in a standard 3 star hotel and the corridors had a bit of a Travelodge feel to them.

We met up with some friends in the bar area and ordered some food. £8 for a simple sandwich was about the cheapest option on the menu and the drinks were very expensive. The food took 45mins to arrive - I could have made it for around £1.50.

following lunch we went into the Spa....4* Marriott standard?? I beg to differ! How anyone can sell this as a 'luxury Spa break' is beyond words. The facilities are nothing more than mediocre. The place was swarming with kids, the decor is awful (tiling especially) and it basically just felt like a council run Leisure centre. There is nothing exclusive about the St Pierre Spa!

Onto the evening meal. There were quite a few of us eating so we were asked to pre-book our meals. £8 for a Prawn Cocktail, £23 for a Lamb stew and I didn't even bother looking at the desserts. We gave them the menu back and booked ourselves into the Blue Cumin Indian restaurant in Magor - Fantastic, but that's a seperate review!! On return to the hotel our friends who did stay for the meal had nothing but complaints about the poor service, time taken to serve the food, poor portions etc etc. Dodged that bullet!

We retired to our room and watched a comedy film (another £9 on the bill). In fairness it was an Excellent night's sleep and very comfy bed. The shower was also really good.

The next day was our Golf event on the St Pierre old course. Cutting to the chase the course was in good nick but the drainage was appalling! We had a 10min downpour on the 9th hole and the greens were still like Ponds by the 18th. It was like playing Crazy golf it was that bad. The golf buggy set me back £30 which I thought was quite steep and a cup of tea in a Polystyrene cup at the half way house was £2! £4.50 for a bacon sandwich.

I hate complaining and very rarely write reviews but I'm sick and tired of businesses that think they can just crank up prices and rest on their laurels. If I was the Manager of St Pierre I would be more than embarrassed that I was running a venue with such incredible potential into rack and ruin by thinking that people will accept sub-standard service and pay such ridiculous prices because I'd planted a few trees and my course was once a national front-runner.

Such a disappointment and to be frank - an unacceptable one because the place has so much more to give. I won't be going back!

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Rhys B
Reviewed 11 August 2014 via mobile

To celebrate my girlfriends birthday I booked one night in St. Pierre as a last minute suprise getaway. I came to the hotel before my girlfriend to check in and check it out. I had booked a junior suite and breakfast as it was a special occasion and it did not disappoint.
We used the spa briefly and was good to unwind and relax.
The room was above reception so was really quick to get to as the rooms are spread out over the grounds.
We were given the courtyard suite which was a lovely room with a separate lounge area which we didn't really use. Room was extremely clean and tidy. Four poster bed was extremely comfy and massive! Was definitely a struggle to escape from it in the morning and go for breakfast.
Breakfast was great and there was always food being replenished even before it was empty. We both enjoyed our stay at St. Pierre and would stay again for another occasion.
One thing I would mention the wifi isn't great.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple