“Sunday Lunch”

Ranked #20 of 70 Restaurants in Chepstow
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 13 July 2014

We had lunch en route from Cambridge to Caerphilly. The pub/restaurant is in a nice area of Chepstow and it has a big car park and plenty of outside tables for the fine weather. The waiting staff were exceptional. We were made to feel welcome and we were served promptly. We both had the sliced sirloin of beef which was succulent and tender. The vegetables were cooked to perfection as was the Yorkshire pudding and if you like gravy then you are in for a treat. The portions were a good size and there was a good selection of puddings (if you have room!). We thought the cost was reasonable given the quality of the food. Roast Celtic beef £10.95. We don't travel this route very often but we will return for certain when we do.

Reviewed 13 July 2014

We went there today, managed to get a table which was good. Freindly service although they got one our dishes wrong, but its happens and they fixed it straight away. Kids meals were nice, the roast was only ok. Generally ok.

Reviewed 10 July 2014

We had lunch here which we enjoyed a great deal as we were able to have our dog inside the bar area with us. The staff were helpful & the food was appetising.

Reviewed 6 July 2014

Lovely relaxed country atmosphere, greeted by all staff with a friendly hello and a smile. My husband ordered the wild boar and chorizo burger and I had the lamb rump with carrots and crushed potatoes. The burger was lovely and accompanied by hand cut chips that were really tasty and the lamb was gorgeous! I don't usually finish my food but this time I cleared the plate! Our server/waitress was a lovely, polite young lady called Maisie and she couldn't do enough for us and she was super observant also! I don't usually tip when in restaurants but as she gave us amazing service I decided to break this cycle. We live in chepstow but haven't visited the piercefield for a few years as it did have a rough time a few years back but something has changed and it's now spectacular! I would definitely recommend this place and will be visiting a lot often now! Keep up the good work!

Reviewed 1 July 2014

One thing that impresses me about the Piercefield is the menu board specifically catered to vegitarians, they have a separate menu board with three items to choose from which was nice for one of the members of our party.

Being a meat eater myself I ordered the burger which I found to be quite average however my partner ordered the ribs which were very tasty!

Would definitely go back.