“stay away” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Times Hotel

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Tipperary
Times Hotel
Ranked #13 of 14 Tipperary B&B and Inns
louth
“stay away”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 October 2013

where do i start..i booked 3 months in advance. booked 3 single rooms , i rang several times to confirm that they were booked and available..arrived there and had to wait 10 mins for someone to come to reception and give us our keys..discovered that our rooms were not booked and we had to accept 2 doubles meaning 2 of us had no choice but to share..
room was clean but there was no hot water..we rang twice about this and the man behind the bar said he had to run outside and switch it on and let it run..so we waited and let it run for ages and again no hot water.one of us had a freezing cold shower.
no wifi..again we rang down and he gave us the password but it didnt work. .
there one one plug in the whole room, not good when 2 of us wanted to charge our mobiles over night..
but the worst was yet to come..my dad who was with us, went down for breakfast, after waiting 40 mins to be served he went into the kitchen and helped himself..we thought this was such a disgrace that we left and went to a lovely little cafe in super value beside the hotel and had a beautiful hearty breakfast, can i just say thanks to the waitress there christina was her name who looked after us and gave us such a huge welcome..
pity we didnt get the same welcome in the hotel..the door of our room was unsafe and could be opened with any effort of a push..i deffo would not be leaving any valuables in the room if u stay there.
phone in the room didnt work and heating wasnt on at all..
only thing that was good was the bedding and towels were fresh and clean..in the time we were there there was not a manager/owner available to who we could complain
i would never ever stay here again and i would advise anyone if u are looking for somewhere in tipp town, try the B&B's..i will be doing that next time.

Room Tip: keep driving and find a B&B
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
St Albans, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 August 2013

after staying in nice hotels in different places on our travels( all around the same price bracket ) this was the worst for value and just general quality......70 euros for the night including breakfast was way to steep ,the room was to be fair not to down grade it to much was rubbish ,there was a t.v holder but no tv ,not that it mattered to us as we would be out of the hotel more often than not...I am not really one to complain but feel this deserves a write up as you would be better to stay in a b and b however I will say the people were friendly and couldn't help you enough ,just let down by the tired interior .....my advice would be don't expect to much when you get here and take it on the chin if you decide to stay here .what doesn't fill you with confidence when you first arrive is there is no car parking for the hotel and was told to park it opposite in the supermarket car park but make sure you park it under the lights and close to the road as possible !!! to be fair they were right the car was still there in the morning in one piece .....

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank chris b

Travellers are raving about these Tipperary hotels

wexford
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2009

Situated at the edge of town Times hotel is contained by what looked liked
the old town bank.I got a single room (without prior booking) on the top floor.
The room was a little pokey but it was clean as was the bathroom.The decor
was a blast from the late '80s right down to the curtains and bed linen-cute!The hotel in general is a mish mash of styles dating from the victorian right through to the '90s.
I had a wash and used the towels provided and had to wash again.Man,they stank..
Luckily I had brought my own towel from home and so I didn't complain.
Had dinner (steak) in the Italian restaurant attached to the hotel-La Candela-and it was pretty good.€23 for dinner,a bottle of beer and an espresso.It's okay.
I went to a party that night and didn't get back until 8 a.m. the next morning.I met the night porter who organised the chef to cook breakfast.After an excellent breakfast I went back to my room for a snooze and didn't wake up til late afternoon.They only charged me half-board for the extra time.Full board was €40 which included the wonderful full irish breakfast.Not bad.
My bed was (considerably) higher on one side which was only apparent when I woke up half way towards the floor.At first I thought it was just the state I was in after the party!A couple of nights in said bed might be a little unbearable...And those fuggy towels....
Tipp town isn't a bad spot from what I saw.PLENTY of pubs and the people seem nice and relaxed too.The bar of the hotel on the ground floor is,shall we say,worthy of a Tom Waitts song.The staff were approachable and pleasant.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled with friends
9 Thank pathogen
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tipperary
Ballykisteen Hotel and Golf Resort
#2 of 19 in Cashel
Ballykisteen Lodge B&B
Ballykisteen Lodge B&B
#1 of 3 in Tipperary

Been to Times Hotel? Share your experiences!