“My Stay at Riverside House B & B while attending a wedding at nearby Kilshane House”

Riverside House B&B
Ranked #2 of 15 Tipperary B&B and Inns
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 24 September 2013

After a two and a half hour drive from Dublin to Riverside House in Tipperary, we were welcomed by Kay and shown to our really gorgeous ensuite bedroom which overlooked the mountains and glens nearby. We were then offered tea and scones in the sitting room before going to the wedding, which were delicious and very welcome after our long drive. Kay then went out of her way and drove ahead of us to get us onto the road to Kilshane House. Kay also gave us the local taxi number which we used to return from the wedding later that night. The following morning after a gorgeous breakfast of bacon, eggs, all the trimmings and Kay's homemade brown bread, Kay's husband, Sean, insisted on driving us back to the hotel to collect our car. All in all I would highly recommend Riverside B and B as a very welcoming, beautiful Irish hospitality experience. Well done Kay and Sean.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Trosa, Sweden
Reviewed 19 July 2013

I lived here for five nights, and I couldn´t choosen a better place. Just a thing like they came and picked me up at Limerick Junction. Excellent irish breakfast, comfortable room and very friendly staff who helped me with everything. Rent a car, drop of and pick up at the train station. They also have a great knowlaedge about what pub to go to if you want to hear some good irish music. If I go to Tipperary town again, and I probably will, I will stay here again.

Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 30 September 2012

A group of us were attending a wedding in nearby Kilshane House so we booked B&B in Riverside House. Kay was so helpful with directions and advice before we arrived. Upon arrival, one (male) member our group had forgotten to bring his shoes so Kay came to the rescue with a pair of hubby Seán's shoes - same size - what odds! - and even polished them! Then, we were all driven to the church for the ceremony. And to top it all, a tasty full Irish breakfast the following morning.
Excellent hospitality with a capital 'H'. I wholeheartedly recommend.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends
Derry, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 July 2012

Stayed here as we were attending the Tipperary Song Contest , Kay was so welcoming and just couldn't do enough for us. We were offered a choice of two bedrooms and settled on the twin room. Excellent room with really fresh clean sheets, also tea/coffee making facilities. Although only a short distance into town Kay drove us as we were in heels ! Very good breakfast and overall our host was flexible and accomodating. I would highly recommend this B & B.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Deirdre C
Sheffield, Yorkshire, England
Reviewed 25 August 2011

This modern B&B establishment lies on the western fringe of Tipperary town, It's six minutes walk into the town centre. Riverside is run by the Crowe family and is set back off the Galbally Road in spacious gardens with plenty of parking for guests.

I was allocated the twin room which had its own bathroom across the corridor. It cost me 35 euros. The room was clean and snug with tea and coffee making facilities.When I arrived, Mrs Crowe kindly and at no extra cost made me a pot of tea and gave me a plate of digestives which I consumed in the guests' lounge.

I ordered breakfast at 8am and it was a hearty way to begin the day - egg, bacon, sausage, beans, black and white pudding with toast, a glass of orange, a pot of tea and a bowl of muesli. Very nice. The Riverside has its own website which potential visitors will find with a little internet searching.

It's a long, long way to Tipperary but my heart lies there... well it doesn't actually but Tipperary town and its surrounds are worth visiting. I especially enjoyed the nearby Glen of Aherlow and The Rock of Cashel. There are many other ancient sites to explore.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled solo
5 Thank Neil_in_Sheffield_UK
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tipperary
Great National Ballykisteen Golf Hotel
Cahir House Hotel
#1 of 2 in Cahir
No. 1 Pery Square Hotel & Spa
The Horse & Jockey Hotel

Been to Riverside House B&B? Share your experiences!