“Great Restaurant, Great Value”

Ballinacourty House
Ranked #2 of 34 Restaurants in Tipperary
Price range: US$26 - US$39
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Ballinacourty House, a renovated 18th Century Stable complex, now comprising of Restaurant, 6 Bedroom Bed & Breakfast, Self-Catering Apartments and a 4* Camping Park. Situated in the beautiful Glen of Aherlow, in the shadow of the majestic Galty Mountain Range, a walkers paradise.We pride ourselves on offering friendly service, and great value for money, with our 4 course menus €20 & €30pp- and wines of the month.#An Ideal setting for a cosy dinner for two, right up to groups of up to 55. Private Dining available. Advance Reservations highly recommended-Quality food served in a relaxed and friendly atmosphere.
Reviewed 5 February 2014

A really great restaurant located in the scenic Glen of Aherlow. I went for the €22.50 menu. I had the homemade vegetable soup for starter which was absolutely amazing- some of the nicest soup I have had in a long time. For mains, I had the sirloin steak- cooked perfectly to order. For dessert, I had a lovely lemon meringue with cream and ice-cream. This is served with tea or coffee. A bottle of house wine is only €12.50. Fantastic value for the quality of the food. Nice atmosphere and relaxed setting. Friendly and efficient staff. I would definitely eat there again. One improvement that could be made is for more directions and sign-posts to show the way to the restaurant.

Reviewed 9 October 2013

What a fantastic hidden gem, located in the Glen of Aherlow . On the night we were there we were offered a choice of menus, one was priced at €20 and the other priced at €30. Both had great choices.A bottle of house wine was €11.95 and was very tasty. The room looked great and all tables were full.
The food was excellent and I would recommend the fillet steak. The waitresses were very well turned out and friendly.
I went to the kitchen to talk to the chef's after dinner and found them both to be friendly and funny.
We will be back

Reviewed 3 October 2013

Was excited to try this place as my partner had been there a couple of year's ago and loved it. Lovely place, nicely decorated and loved the music. The waitress was very friendly and helpful. There was a choice of 2 menus one for €20 and one for €30, both very good value I thought. We opted for the €20. I started with the fish cake which was dry but had a nice taste and the dryness was rescued by the dressing on the salad. I opted for a steak as my main as I figured it is always the true test of a place ... can they cook it as requested and most importantly is it a nice piece of meet. The steak was perfectly cooked but alas the meat was tasteless and chewy. My dessert choice was profiteroles which were nice but could have done without the icecream accompaniment. Could help feeling that the chef may have been more interested in the soccer match that was blaring from the kitchen!! Overall disappointed.

1  Thank emwc
Reviewed 13 September 2013

This was the best meal of our week's holiday in Ireland and was recommended by the local Tourist Information office, so glad we tried it. It is a delightful restaurant with a team of very friendly, professional staff. Booking essential, it was very busy. There were 2 set menus at 20 & 30 euros for 3 courses and tea/coffee. The 30 euro menu includes an 8oz fillet steak, 2 of our party chose this and it was outstanding. Very good value for money and lovely menus.

Reviewed 2 September 2013

We often stay close by visiting relatives and will always go for a meal in Ballinacourty.
Summer 2013 was no exception - we actually went twice!

Their set menu of €20 is really good value and plenty of choice (kids meal €12.95, good portion sizes)

Everything comes with a choice of salad & wedges (great little dressed salad and way too many wedges for a small appetite!) or potatoes & vegetables (always pipping hot)

Highly recommend - you will not be disappointed.