Stayed there on a 2 night break Thursday and Friday 22nd & 23rd of November with the pigsback deal. We arrived on the first night and decided to wait until the 4th member of our party arrived before we had dinner. We arrived in the bar at around 8:30 for dinner. We ordered 2 steak sandwiches, fish and chips and the roast of the day. When the food arrived it was barely warm my fiancee had asked for her steak sandwich with no onions just cheese, it had no cheese and the steak tasted of onions. The fish and chips well was pretty much the same, although the fish was tiny and under cooked. I told the bar man that my food was cold, he brought it back to the kitchen and soon returned with the same food re-heated and just dumped it on the table. Had a taste of it and to be honest wouldn't have given it to my dogs. Left it so I could say I was not happy when table was cleared. Barman cleared the table and didn't even bother clearing my plate and I wasn't asked was everything OK with food when I paid either. I mentioned this to the restaurant manager Thomas the next day and he was suppose to get back to me but he didn't so we did not have dinner the second night. On a positive note decided to try breakfast and it was lovely all the food was great, especially the sausages and the pastries. The hotel staff were very nice but we did find at times they
were to busy chatting with each other. The rooms were very nice and clean. Overall we might return to the hotel but we were glad we had got a good deal otherwise we would have been very disappointed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set in the shadow of the Galtee Mountains, this Resort in Tipperary is adjacent to the renowned Tipperary Racecourse, Limerick Junction railway station and the Glen of Aherlow making Ballykisteen Hotel & Golf Resort a perfect 4* Tipperary conference hotel and wedding venue. Situated in a picturesque location coupled with a contemporary finish a visit at 'Great National Ballykisteen Golf Hotel’, is a truly memorable experience and a popular choice of venue for any weddings in Tipperary. This hotel in Tipperary is just a half hour drive or short train journey from Limerick City, the ideal location for meetings and conferences with reputation as one of the finest Tipperary conference hotels, a great Tipperary golf resort with a modern spa Serenity Day Spa or a base for walking and other activities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, Hotels.com, Ebookers and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Great National Ballykisteen Golf Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ballykisteen Hotel And Golf Tipperary
- Ballykisteen Hotel Tipperary