Great National Ballykisteen Golf Hotel
Travelocity
US$85
US$82
Hotels.com
Deebert House Hotel(Kilmallock)(Great Value!)
US$80
US$106
Hotwire.com
Hayes Hotel(Thurles)
US$111
All reviewslimerick junctionwedding venuesteakself cateringfrom start to finishshort breakleisure centrefunction roomcouldn't do enoughsecond to nonelast weekendfamily roomsparebeccafootpathbarmanireland
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 15 May 2014

Stayed here in January while visiting a friend nearby. The hotel was perfect for what I needed that weekend which was a quiet room and some comfort. Good facilities in the room. There was a desk which was great as I had some work to do. The bed was comfortable and there are tea/coffee making facilities. I had to order more peppermint tea as I was drinking it non stop! I didn't get to use the Spa. I did use the gym, it was basic but functional. There was only one other person there each occasion I used it so the small amount of equipment was fine. Breakfast was very good, a buffet and plenty of choices. The staff are very helpful and friendly.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Niamh A
Reviewed 14 May 2014

We stayed here for a two night break in March. We had booked a junior suite but when we arrived we were given a free upgrade so didn't have to pay the extra for the room! We were also given chocolates and water on arrival, lovely touch.

The girl on reception was amazing! So bubbly and informative. The room was on the ground floor facing the front of the hotel. It was beautiful. It had a fridge and amazing tea & coffee selection. The bed was so comfy and the couch and arm chairs were lovely too, wanted to take them home! The only let down for the room was the adjoining door, we could hear the guests in the other room but everything else was amazing.

We had dinner on one night, we availed of the "tasty Thursday" deal, three course meal with a bottle of wine for €50 per couple! Amazing value!!

We had €20 golf voucher included in our stay (Pigsback deal) so that was a free round for my boyfriend since I don't play. The guys in the golf shop were lovely and the course was a nice walk. An enjoyable day out :)

The only let down during the stay was breakfast. We went for full Irish but the products were not of the best quality and we were disappointed on both mornings. It was such a pity because everything else during the stay was brilliant.

To sum up Ballykisteen is AMAZING!!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 May 2014

Stayed on a two night B&B basis for May bank holiday weekend. First the positives,
Room - Very clean, decent size and good amenities, especially like the small fridge provided. Bathroom also good size and very clean. The golf experience was excellent with helpful staff and great facilities.
Now the negatives. The seating in the reception was grubby to say the least. A red carpet was laid down to the dining room for a wedding. I could not believe how stained it was. If it was my wedding I would have been disgusted.Breakfast was very poor. Food was cold, you had to order fried eggs and by the time they came the rest of the breakfast was eaten. Delph had a grimy feel to it. You had to make your own toast-no problem with that except that the toaster was incredibly slow. I pointed this out to a staff member and I was told "Yea its a disaster its so slow" and off she walked!!
We had a late check out arranged but still got a call at 12:10 wondering why we had not checked out. When we did check out we were not asked if we enjoyed out stay. When driving away from the hotel we both agreed that we will not return. The annoying thing is that with simple and basic changes I would have had a different review and a customer happy to return.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank conor59
Reviewed 6 May 2014

We had our wedding at Ballykisteen at the start of April. The service & food on the day were excellent, the staff could not have been more helpful. We had approx 200 guests & their banquet room can certainly cater for this number, one real advantage with this venue is the space available to the wedding guests, the drinks reception can be held in a room upstairs, with another large seating area beside this room & there's also a large balcony which on a sunny day is lovely; the banquet room is downstairs. Our guests really enjoyed the day & were very complimentary regarding the staff, the service, the food & for those that stayed the accommodation. There are 40 hotel rooms and a number of lodges available, the lodges are a nice option for families or groups of friends. I would absolutely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Jose28
Reviewed 5 May 2014

We enjoyed our stay in this hotel. The staff were very helpful. The food was tasty. The rooms were clean and reasonably modern. The swimming pool was a good attraction, especially for children. Overall, it was a positive experience.

• Stayed: May 2014