We are just back from a 2 night break in Ballykisteen. Overall we had a nice time! So to break it down! :
Booking in : Staff at front desk were a mix! Some were lovely others a bit cold!
Room: We stayed in one of their standard rooms. It was very comfortable, good size BUT we had 2 single beds pushed together with 2 seperate quilts! We thought this was very strange and really not great for a couple away on a romantic weekend! In fairness I didnt say anything as we only realised when we got into bed on the first night and had all our clothes etc put away,
Food: We ate in the hotel for our whole stay. The food was really lovely for lunch and dinner. Really really nice! BUT brekkie was so disappointing. There was a great selection and buffet style but the standard of the cooked brekkie was very poor. Eggs , sausages, bacon were dripping with oil, beans were obviously "cheap" ones def not batcheors or heinz!!!
Staff : A real mix too! I booked online with Angeline. An absolute gem. Our friends were celebrating an anniversary and she couldnt do enough for them. She upgraded them FOC and they laid their room out with petals, really first class.
Had dealing with a young manager lad, again very nice. Our lads couldnt get out for a game of golf as course was closed and he gave us an xtra voucher for the spa. Couldnt have asked for more. BUT I had the head taken off me at breakfast for asking where the sugar was and the girl serving in the lounge was very sorly.
Spa : Im afraid this was terrible disappointing, Its not really a "spa" its more like ur local beauty salon. I had a massage and was freezing cold in room, said it to the girl and she told she had asked but her boss told her hotel dont put on heat till later in the year - its November! Said to "manager" too who looked at me as if she was in shock at the thought the room could be cold!
Overall this hotel is def value for money, comfortable with some exceptional staff. I dont think we will go back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set in the shadow of the Galtee Mountains, this Resort in Tipperary is adjacent to the renowned Tipperary Racecourse, Limerick Junction railway station and the Glen of Aherlow making Ballykisteen Hotel & Golf Resort a perfect 4* Tipperary conference hotel and wedding venue. Situated in a picturesque location coupled with a contemporary finish a visit at 'Ballykisteen Hotel & Golf Resort’, is a truly memorable experience and a popular choice of venue for any weddings in Tipperary. This hotel in Tipperary is just a half hour drive or short train journey from Limerick City, the ideal location for meetings and conferences with reputation as one of the finest Tipperary conference hotels, a great Tipperary golf resort with a modern spa Serenity Day Spa or a base for walking and other activities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Agoda and HotelQuickly so you can book your Ballykisteen Hotel and Golf Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ballykisteen Hotel And Golf Tipperary
- Ballykisteen Hotel Tipperary