“Best New Restaurant”
Review of Le Jardin Clonmel - CLOSED

Le Jardin Clonmel
Reviewed 1 July 2014

Le Jardin is beautifully clean, the service is excellent and the food is great and excellent value for money. It has an uptown air of sophistication. It is great that finally Clonmel has an eatery like this. Ideal venue for a group, couples or business.

Reviewed 28 June 2014

Four of us sat for lunch yesterday at Le Jardin Clonmel.A wonderful experience from start to finish.Staff friendly & helpful,time management was spot on.I had the house burger which was exceptional from the bun through to cheese,tomatoes & a fresh homemade juicy burger,topped with pepper sauce (poured at the table by myself),fresh homemade chunky chips,just delicious.
My son ordered a carabonara which was mouth watering ( yes I indulged in a tasting...lol) melt in the mouth pasta,delicious creamy sauce,fresh ham & crunchy spring onions!Garlic bread simple perfection in a dish!
My sons girlfriend ordered lasagne,same mouth watering melt in the mouth pasta,beautifully made sauce,fresh vedge,what can I say just delicious,acompanied by chunky chips & garlic bread!
My husband ordered a steak sandwich,again all perfectly cooked,,steak was melt in the mouth & also accompanied by fresh homemade chunky chips!
Apart from all the fabulous food the restaurant is a beautiful,calming place to sit,as well as being greeted with a smile when you sit you are given beautiful fresh warm bread as you wait for your food,let me add there are no time delays! The next charm is the price,4 of us sat for a homemade lunch which was as I said above fantastic & it cost us a mere 40 euro,now I know fast food places that charge as much & there is no home cooking there...lol.
Thank you Le Jardin Clonmel for an exceptional lunch, you are a definite go to place for us :)

1  Thank 153Michael
Reviewed 6 June 2014 via mobile

I was quite looking forward to sampling the fare when I saw Le Jardin had opened it's doors in Clonmel. First impressions of the decor was minimalist, restful & pleasant. The menu on display outside the premises was clear & concise & in perfect view. We visited midweek at around lunchtime & the place was quiet. Upon walking in, I did wait to be acknowledged for a bit longer than I should have as the waiter & waitress were head to head in a deep discussion, a simple 'excuse us a moment' or even a nod of acknowledgement at that stage would have sufficed. Eventually as I was led to a table, the waitress (very friendly I might add) misheard that I asked for a table for 2 & preceded to set up for 3 until my correction. As I awaited my companys arrival, I perused the menu & was impressed with the variety on offer. After my company seated, we did had a long wait before our orders were taken. We were told by management the kitchen was shared with the chinese next door & I don't know if this affected the timing. We opted for the gnocci & a fish dish. After another wait, our meals were served. The fish was beautifully presented & a substantial portion & the gnocci was also generous & creamy. Both beautifully tasty. We also opted for a glass of white wine which was chilled perfectly & crisp & complemented our dishes. We then went for dessert, an eton mess & a pastry. The pastry was delightful however the eton mess was not as I'd hoped unfortunately. Overall the staff were pleasant albeit a tad inexperienced, the food spoke for itself mainly & the service was generally quite good. This was recently opened when we visited so I can only assume these were start up hiccups as they find their feet. I can see excellent potential here as the menu was versatile & creative plus the food presentation was visually appealing. I quite enjoyed this place for a business lunch. Will return to see how it's established.

Reviewed 15 May 2014

I visited this new restaurant for the first time today at lunchtime. We were both going to eat lightly so only had one course, gnocchi and a penne pasta dish respectively. It is lovely to eat food that you know has been cooked with care and skill - freshly cooked to order .Had I not had to limit my intake, off out to a 5 course wine tasting dinner in Waterford later, I would have tried the special - a fish pie which sounded very tempting. My gnocchi was delicious, wonderfully flavoured creamy sauce. I had an Americano coffee - always a good way to test a restaurant as to what kind of coffee they serve up - I got a large cup of smooth high quality coffee - great.
Service was excellent, the waitress volunteered to put leftover penne in a dish to take home - nothing wrong with the pasta, quite the contrary but it was a large serving for an elderly person .
Le Jardin is a great addition to Clonmel and is well worth a visit.

1  Thank Olwyn S
Reviewed 11 March 2014

Place has a lovely relaxing decor, ambience and great service.
Food is tasty and good variety.
Nice addition to the town of Clonmel