“Nice b&b in good location”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Hay-on-Wye
La Fosse Guest House
Ranked #11 of 29 Hay-on-Wye B&B and Inns
Delft, The Netherlands
“Nice b&b in good location”
Reviewed 11 April 2014 via mobile

This place is really nice - the room was charming (although it could have been hovered a bit better) and the owner Annabel very friendly - perhaps a bit too overprotective; I really didn't want a cooked breakfast, but she seemed rather upset about it. Sorry! All in all a nice place to stay in the middle of Hay.

Stayed April 2014, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed 10 April 2014

The B & B is located in the center of Hay on Wye, everything is within walking distance.
We got a nice reception. It went atmosphere is informal. Friendly people and dog lovers.
Breakfast was delicious.

Room Tip: Our room at the front was spacious enough, with nice seating area by the window. Bathroom was spac...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank frank h
Runcorn, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 April 2014

Our stay at La Fosse in Hay-on-Wye was a "Suprise" 50th birthday jaunt, for my partner. We eventually arrived at the Guest House, after getting slightly lost. We were greeted by Annabel and made very welcome, even though we hadn't even set foot over the threshold. We were shown to our room and it was spacious, clean and warm. We had our Jack Russell with us and she was very impressed by the welcome she was given and was offered a sausage for breakfast. I had read the reviews but, was not prepaired for the huge full English breakfast, I had ordered, that was placed infront of me the first morning, it was delicious and set me up for the rest of the day. Nothing was too much for Annabel and Bob. A birthday card was given to my partner the morning of her birthday. I could go on and on about the place but, just go see for yourselves. I will be staying again in the future, so long as Annabel and Bob are the hosts.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Oswestry, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 March 2014 via mobile

Stayed at La Fosse whilst working in Hay and felt immediately welcome. The house is full of character and the rooms are clean, comfortable and nicely furnished and decorated, plus ensuite with good sized shower. A great breakfast selection. Bob and Annabell have got it just right. Would definitely stay here again.

Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Halstead, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 November 2013

I visited Hay-on- Wye to see family and was recommended this little gem. Upon booking I informed Annabel that I would not be arriving until between 10pm and midnight. Despite the late hour Annabel met me at the front door and greeted me a hearty welcome.

I was allocated a double room even though I was only one person which had a newly fitted en-suite bathroom with a really nice large shower which was a real treat after spending five hours in the car. Comfy bed, tea and coffee making facilities and a TV at the end of the bed. Overall, everything was clean and tidy and I felt immediately at home and had a good nights sleep.

Breakfast - I must say it was worth the stay even if only for the massive 'full English' that I was served up !!!

Will definitely stay with Annabell at La Fosse on my next visit to Hay, thank you ...

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 October 2013

Bob and Annabelle couldn't do enough to make me feel welcome, without fussing or overdoing it. Had a lovely room, en suite at a reasonable price (£35 for one person per night), and a fantastic breakfast each day - when Anabelle knew I was vegan she went out of her way to accommodate and was thoughtful enough to use separate pans without even asking. I would thoroughly recommend staying here.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
Devonport, Australia
Reviewed 5 October 2013

My son and I visited Hay On Wye, a beautiful, charming town full of the most amazing book shops over 12 months ago. We stayed at La Fosse, and yes the beds were comfortable, the rooms were clean and the breakfast Bob cooked was great, but more than that it will always remain a favourite stay on our trip because of Annabel. We felt like we were staying with a friend!
Annabel was welcoming and engaging and a breathe of fresh air after some other gloomy experiences. People like Annabel make memories.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hay-on-Wye
The Swan at Hay
The Baskerville Arms
Seven Stars B&B
Seven Stars B&B
#4 of 29 in Hay-on-Wye

Been to La Fosse Guest House? Share your experiences!