“Ok, but quite dear”

Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Gloucester, United Kingdom
“Ok, but quite dear”
Reviewed 17 August 2014

Sat outside as we had a dog, there are a couple of tables on the road outside (luckily closed to traffic) Only had a tea and a coffee. Teas was ok, but a pot of hot water would have made it much nicer. The coffee was very very weak and not all that pleasant, but we were grateful for the sit down. Two hot drinks, just over six quid - I know Haye is a dear place to visit, but left here feeling like we had been ripped off.

1 Thank Bayleywillow

London, United Kingdom
“Sour-faced rudeness”
Reviewed 11 August 2014 via mobile

Oscar's looked very good as we walked in, sat ourselves down and decided what we would like to eat. Then the trouble began - I made the mistake of politely asking if they did children's portions. The woman behind the counter actually huffed at me! I'm afraid it all went downhill from there, what with me being expected to know which dishes were prepared in the kitchen and which were prepared at or near the counter; and being greeted with a surly 'I know. I KNOW!' when I dared to remind her that one of the controversial childrens' portions was with rice and not chips. At this point I cancelled our order and we left and went to the Granary on Broad Street - very good food served by cheery staff.
Avoid Oscars - like many people I work hard for my money and whilst I don't expect fawning or deference, I do expect some sort of customer service as opposed to rudeness and impatience.

6 Thank Jerry_Hillman
Driffield, United Kingdom
“Nice”
Reviewed 9 August 2014 via mobile

Had lunch here couple of weeks ago, food was nice, freshly prepared at the counter but the price was a little steep maybe. Sandwich and a tea each for 3 people was just short of £20. Nice seating area and pleasant enough.

hereford
“Beautiful scones and tea outside in sunshine”
Reviewed 22 July 2014

Had a lovely pot of tea with scones outside on patio whilst visiting Hay recently. Scones were slightly warm and extremely tasty.one of my party was in a wheelchair so we had very little choice but to sit outside. The tea was of reasonable quality but a pot of hot water would have been welcomed to refresh the pot on such a lovely warm day. We noticed that the prices have rapidly increased here since we last visited. It is a nice bistro/cafe but the woman serving seemed a bit harassed the day I went and usually staff pleasant and relaxed.

1 Thank rubberband
Lee-on-the-Solent, United Kingdom
“Great food.”
Reviewed 17 July 2014

Went here for lunch as it offered a wide range on the menu. We had the quiche with salad and it was delicious. Would go back if only for the potato salad.

Great hearty lunch that was pleasing to the taste buds.