“Will probably go elsewhere for coffee and a cake next time.”

Shepherds Ice Cream
Ranked #1 of 1 Dessert in Hay-on-Wye
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 23 March 2014

I had a slice of carrot cake and my girlfriend had a slice of brownie - she said hers was delicious so I regretted my choice as the cake was very dry and to be honest it was a struggle to finish it. We probably mistimed our visit (around 4pm) as there were lots of mothers with schoolchildren running around which didn't quite make for the peaceful sit down we'd been looking for, but this isn't really the establishment's fault - more bad timing on our part really.

Reviewed 21 February 2014

I visited Shepherds with my husband for tea and ice cream. It was busy but we found a table up the stairs at the back which was perfectly good. I think for everything, our bill came to about £9 which I thought was very reasonable.

I have to say, we were both thoroughly impressed by the sundaes we ordered - only about £4 each and so big I couldn't finish it all! I had the brownie sundae and the brownie pieces were gorgeous!
Would definitely recommend but maybe avoid during busier times as not a huge number of tables.

Reviewed 20 February 2014

Coffee is ok, but they looked at me like I was crazy when I asked for skimmed milk.. ice cream was meltie and had ice shards in it....not pleasent

Reviewed 2 December 2013

Usually go in here during the summer festival, so are in search of their wonderful ice cream and waffles - but this time there in winter so needed hot chocolate to warm us up - and they were very good - much better than the norm. However son did manage ice cream cake and coke float - obviously can't feel the cold - and they were obviously very good too!! Love this place

Reviewed 19 September 2013

although not the weather for ice cream i just fancied one, lots of choice and lovely flavour, just needed better weather to enjoy