We stayed at Kilverts last year and again this year, for 3 nights each time. This time we were in room 11 (Shakespeare) which was absolutely gorgeous with original beams, standalone shower and jacuzzi bath and windows to front and back of the building. The bed was incredibly comfortable. We had another very friendly welcome from Sheila and family and all staff were attentive and efficient. The food was even better than last year! Four of us ate on two evenings and nobody was disappointed with their choice. First rate value for money and highly recommended.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Named after famous diarist The Reverend Kilvert, this 18th century inn is located in the centre of the town and boasts the largest garden in Hay. Internally the original building is heavily timbered with a superb original wooden floor to the bar area. Our bedrooms are decorated to a high standard complementing the age of the building and all feature en-suite facilities will contemporary bathrooms/shower-rooms. Residents and public are welcome in the comfortable bar, which specialises in local real ales, traditional ciders, craft beers and boutique wines. Our menu of savoury pies is famous around Powys, with all meals prepared from scratch in our kitchens using locally sourced ingredients. Children and dogs on leads welcome! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Kilverts Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kilverts Hotel Hay-On-Wye
- Kilverts Inn Hay-On-Wye, Wales