Hay-on-Wye is an interesting town to wander around with plenty of independent shops as well as the 30+ bookshops. It is also well placed for exploring. We drove through Llanthony and over the mountain - fabulous views but a one-track road.
We stayed in a courtyard room at The Swan which suited us very well. All the staff we met were charming and efficient. They all seemed to be enjoying their work and to have pride in providing excellent and cheery service.
The evening meal in the bistro was good, though possibly a £ or so overpriced I thought. All in all an excellent break.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Swan at Hay is a glorious Georgian building housing 19 bedrooms. The hotel was relaunched in February 2017 following a million pound refurbishment. All 19 bedrooms and bathrooms were refurbished, as were all the public areas. Set in the heart of the world renowned 'Town of Books,' Hay-on-Wye, it is an ideal base to explore the Brecon Beacons and surrounding countryside. With a choice of 3 dining areas, visitors can choose from our hearty bar menu or more indulgent Garden Room Dinner Menu. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, SpeedyBooker.com, Hotels.com and Odigeo so you can book your The Swan at Hay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Swan At Hay Hotel Hay-On-Wye
- Swan At Hay On Wye
- Swan At Hay Hotel
- The Swan At Hay Hay-On-Wye, Wales