Awful. We went for a weekend 3 night break. We took our two pups. We were given a courtyard room and missed our cream tea and were told we couldn't have this the next day. Warning- courtyard =car park. Noisy, and the door to the room opened into the boot of someone's car. Flood lit all night with light curtains it was like trying to sleep with the light on all night. Kitchens and all the noise that comes with it in said 'courtyard'. No room to swing a cat (or dog) in the room which was so outdated. The photos on the website appear not to exist. The bed was big enough for two 5 year olds. Don't take more than a small carrier bag with you as there will be nowhere to put it. We checked in 9pm Friday, left at 11am Saturday and went home as we couldn't find anywhere else to stay at short notice.Thank goodness we only drove 1 1/2 hours to get there. Groupon deal was good, but hotel not.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Swan at Hay is a glorious Georgian building housing 19 bedrooms. The hotel was relaunched in February 2017 following a million pound refurbishment. All 19 bedrooms and bathrooms were refurbished, as were all the public areas. Set in the heart of the world renowned 'Town of Books,' Hay-on-Wye, it is an ideal base to explore the Brecon Beacons and surrounding countryside. With a choice of 3 dining areas, visitors can choose from our hearty bar menu or more indulgent Garden Room Dinner Menu. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Hotels.com, Odigeo and LateRooms so you can book your The Swan at Hay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Swan At Hay Hotel Hay-On-Wye
- Swan At Hay On Wye
- Swan At Hay Hotel
- The Swan At Hay Hay-On-Wye, Wales