We were a family of 5 eating dinner in the bistro , staying locally in the town. The restaurant was almost empty and any ambience was ruined by the awful tacky and cheesy 80s music. It would be vastly improved if the music was updated. The food was ok but nothing special for what was quite high prices. The service was pretty slow as waiters seemed too busy larking about. Two very sweet waitresses tried really hard to please.
We won't be returning or suggesting it to friends unfortunately.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Swan at Hay is a glorious Georgian building housing 19 bedrooms. The hotel was relaunched in February 2017 following a million pound refurbishment. All 19 bedrooms and bathrooms were refurbished, as were all the public areas. Set in the heart of the world renowned 'Town of Books,' Hay-on-Wye, it is an ideal base to explore the Brecon Beacons and surrounding countryside. With a choice of 3 dining areas, visitors can choose from our hearty bar menu or more indulgent Garden Room Dinner Menu. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, HotelsClick and Ebookers so you can book your The Swan at Hay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Swan At Hay Hotel Hay-On-Wye
- Swan At Hay On Wye
- Swan At Hay Hotel
- The Swan At Hay Hay-On-Wye, Wales