Very large comfortable, executive room with large bed. Spoilt a little by lack of attention to en suite bathroom - light detached from wall, poor, uncontrollable shower, no chain on plug etc. Food excellent quality, a bit short on quantity with some dishes and expensive (cheese board with three "local"? cheeses £9). Meal spoilt by being served in Bar/Bistro when they have the most beautiful dining room, with garden view - which was only use for breakfast. Ill informed waiting staff at dinner -chef's fault?
WIFI didn't work in room 5.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Swan at Hay is a glorious Georgian building housing 19 bedrooms. The hotel was relaunched in February 2017 following a million pound refurbishment. All 19 bedrooms and bathrooms were refurbished, as were all the public areas. Set in the heart of the world renowned 'Town of Books,' Hay-on-Wye, it is an ideal base to explore the Brecon Beacons and surrounding countryside. With a choice of 3 dining areas, visitors can choose from our hearty bar menu or more indulgent Garden Room Dinner Menu. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, LateRooms and Ebookers so you can book your The Swan at Hay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Swan At Hay Hotel Hay-On-Wye
- Swan At Hay On Wye
- Swan At Hay Hotel
- The Swan At Hay Hay-On-Wye, Wales