Good hotel and busy, of course, in festival season. Hot water a plenty. warm welcome. staff held back a cold meal late for me so I could see a late show. Lovely cotton sheets and duvet. Great breakfast. Slight smell of curry in bedroom corridor ?
If possible ask for room at rear to avoid street noise - double glazing installed but still some noise and i prefer fresh air.
Great location for town centre and festival. No need for bus to site. Car park a big benefit.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Swan at Hay is a glorious Georgian building housing 19 bedrooms. The hotel was relaunched in February 2017 following a million pound refurbishment. All 19 bedrooms and bathrooms were refurbished, as were all the public areas. Set in the heart of the world renowned 'Town of Books,' Hay-on-Wye, it is an ideal base to explore the Brecon Beacons and surrounding countryside. With a choice of 3 dining areas, visitors can choose from our hearty bar menu or more indulgent Garden Room Dinner Menu. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Hotels.com and Ebookers so you can book your The Swan at Hay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Swan At Hay Hotel Hay-On-Wye
- Swan At Hay On Wye
- Swan At Hay Hotel
- The Swan At Hay Hay-On-Wye, Wales