Just back from a few days in Wales where we stayed 2 nights at the swan at hay. We stayed in a Double 'superior' room. The room was very nice looking onto the gardens. The bed was very comfortable if you like to sink into a very soft matreess!!! With a very clean ensuite.
We had our baby with us and cot was provided. However there was only one baby seat in the restaurant so first up got it. We didnt' have dinner in the hotel but breakfast was ~OK. First morning is was nice; but the next morning there must have been a different chef on!!
Over all our stay was very enjoyable. there is room for improvement in the restaurant.
The town itself is very interesting worth spending a bit of time to explore.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Swan at Hay is a glorious Georgian building housing 19 bedrooms. The hotel was relaunched in February 2017 following a million pound refurbishment. All 19 bedrooms and bathrooms were refurbished, as were all the public areas. Set in the heart of the world renowned 'Town of Books,' Hay-on-Wye, it is an ideal base to explore the Brecon Beacons and surrounding countryside. With a choice of 3 dining areas, visitors can choose from our hearty bar menu or more indulgent Garden Room Dinner Menu. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com and Ebookers so you can book your The Swan at Hay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Swan At Hay Hotel Hay-On-Wye
- Swan At Hay On Wye
- Swan At Hay Hotel
- The Swan At Hay Hay-On-Wye, Wales