Our stag weekend away was totally ruined by the shambles of a camp site and the "lady" who runs it.
Babara is the most ignorant & rude person I have ever met.
The tippi we had was smelly, dirty, leaky and cold - I have stayed in some dives in my time but this has reached the number 1 spot.
We had booked 2 nights, when we arrived we all just wanted to home but we persevered. We did go canoeing on the Saturday and this saved the trip. The people at the Boat pub we lovely.
On the Friday night we stayed we were told not to make any noise after 11pm, fair enough, only to find out that on the Saturday night there we a load of prople turning up for a Rave!
We didn't bother with a second night, we didn't get our money back either.
There are other tippi/canoeing trips you can do on the Wye - please book one of these.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Whether Its a pampered break or an action packed weekend. The Hollybush can can cater for all your needs. Located just a short distance from the famous book town "Hay on Wye" and surrounded by some of Wale's finest beauty spots. Treat yourself to a Luxury room in our B+B and experience the fantastic Cuisine! Set up your tent, Then relax around your Campfire! Experience a Day's canoeing along the Wye or take one of our guided Wild life tours! Camp in style and Hire a Tipi! ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Hollybush Inn & Campsite Hotel Hay-On-Wye
- Hollybush Inn And Campsite
- Hollybush Inn & Campsite Hay-On-Wye, Wales