This place is absolutely beautiful with roaming peacocks, green woodland and being right on the River Wye.
I went with a bunch of friends and enjoyed a quiet spot in the lower woodland where we didn't have to worry about making noise and stayed up round the fire all night.
Barbara (the owner) is committed to preserving the untouched unnatural setting which is why this place is perfect for anyone wanting a simple back to basics camping experience.
The food at the pub is incredible and cheap, I can personally recommend the Gerka's delight lamb!
I know hollybush has had some bad reviews but they all sound like people who are looking for a 5 star hotel rather than a beautiful country retreat and I couldn't recommend it more!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Whether Its a pampered break or an action packed weekend. The Hollybush can can cater for all your needs. Located just a short distance from the famous book town "Hay on Wye" and surrounded by some of Wale's finest beauty spots. Treat yourself to a Luxury room in our B+B and experience the fantastic Cuisine! Set up your tent, Then relax around your Campfire! Experience a Day's canoeing along the Wye or take one of our guided Wild life tours! Camp in style and Hire a Tipi! ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Hollybush Inn And Campsite
- Hollybush Inn & Campsite Hotel Hay-On-Wye
- Hollybush Inn & Campsite Hay-On-Wye, Wales