We stayed here for my wife's birthday and loved the place!
From the moment we arrived and were greeted by chickens that roam free (who's eggs you can buy) to the peacocks strutting their tail feathers,we knew it was going to be a truly awesome,back to nature experience !
The help and friendliness of all the staff along with the laid back atmosphere of the place added to a great few days camping!
We highly recommend canoeing down the river where you are free (after an initial safety talk) to absorb, relax and enjoy up to 8 miles on the river,with the unique view you get from the canoe.
There are a couple of stops along the way ,where you can sample some great real ales!
We had the Nepalese banquet at the pub and it was outstanding , the staff were all friendly and you have the pleasure of being served by a real Gurkha , a true gentleman !
I wouldn't let the negative reviews on here put you off,what is a wonderful back to nature experience !
We will go back for sure !!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Whether Its a pampered break or an action packed weekend. The Hollybush can can cater for all your needs. Located just a short distance from the famous book town "Hay on Wye" and surrounded by some of Wale's finest beauty spots. Treat yourself to a Luxury room in our B+B and experience the fantastic Cuisine! Set up your tent, Then relax around your Campfire! Experience a Day's canoeing along the Wye or take one of our guided Wild life tours! Camp in style and Hire a Tipi! ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Hollybush Inn & Campsite Hotel Hay-On-Wye
- Hollybush Inn And Campsite
- Hollybush Inn & Campsite Hay-On-Wye, Wales