If you make the effort to leave a bad review surely you would have checked the reviews before making your choice? No? Just me then...
I did read the reviews and prepared myself, we wanted some 'wild' style camping with not many rules. Only 2 rules clean up after yourself and don't burn the trees down. We pre booked via pitch up and included our wood. We arrived checked in drove through collected our wood and pitched our tents up. We said we didn't mind being far aware so they directed us out to the woods which only had 1 other group. Babs did come along and questioned us being there but as we described who directed us she walked on and never came back. The toilets were as clean as we would expect for a site and yes there were cans around the bin etc. The group near us were up all night (bit of a mini rave) which probably bothered someone. The tipi people looked happy aswell.
Please remember this isn't glamping, if you want a wild experience for your children find a private farm that allows fires and fishing there are many in Wales. If you want a drinking random night with ok standards then Hollybush is fine.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Whether Its a pampered break or an action packed weekend. The Hollybush can can cater for all your needs. Located just a short distance from the famous book town "Hay on Wye" and surrounded by some of Wale's finest beauty spots. Treat yourself to a Luxury room in our B+B and experience the fantastic Cuisine! Set up your tent, Then relax around your Campfire! Experience a Day's canoeing along the Wye or take one of our guided Wild life tours! Camp in style and Hire a Tipi! ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Hollybush Inn And Campsite
- Hollybush Inn & Campsite Hotel Hay-On-Wye
- Hollybush Inn & Campsite Hay-On-Wye, Wales